Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 02:37 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,779 times

Advertisements

Seems like the easiest thing to do is let the nonvaxxed people pray they get better and not allow them entry in hospitals and other medical facilities. To hell with them and their ilk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 04:12 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,488,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Seems like the easiest thing to do is let the nonvaxxed people pray they get better and not allow them entry in hospitals and other medical facilities. To hell with them and their ilk.
It's an interesting idea: only need to show proof of vaccination to receive emergency health care, and let people do whatever they want, everywhere else.

But, it wouldn't work. Healthcare professionals feel compelled to help the sick, regardless of their circumstances. Similar to how a drug addict can be resuscitated over and over by paramedics. They know that one day, they're not going to get there in time, but they'll do their best every time, anyway.

Old 01-02-2022, 05:32 PM

3,068 posts, read 2,396,692 times
Quote:
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Old 01-04-2022, 08:07 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"
Right, that's what every American thinks when they are aided by first responders, or when they are taught and mentored by public school teachers. Oh, I forgot, public school teachers are villains to many of the Big Lie propagandists who populate and diminish this forum.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:06 AM

840 posts, read 759,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
First, masks do next to nothing to stop the spread of COVID, especially a strain as infectious as Omicron. MAYBE if we were all wearing fresh, uncontaminated N95 masks properly sealed to our faces it would have a measurable impact.

Maybe.

As it is, the cloth masks or flimsy paper masks people buy at Walgreens or from Amazon and keep in their cars or purses to wear over and over without washing/disposing of them might as well have the sentence "THIS IS AN INEFFECTUAL FACE TALISMAN" printed on them.

Second, the symptoms of Omicron has thus far shown to be so mild that virtually no one should be hospitalized on account of Omicron by itself. It could well be that lots of people going to the hospital have been infected with Omicron... but there's an overwhelming probability they're hospitalized for some other reason not related to Omicron. For all intents and purposes, Omicron appears to be the newest strain of the common cold.
Totally agree. I believe even Fauci recently said that there are children admitted to the hospital WITH Covid vs BECAUSE of Covid and so the numbers are a little confusing. I would assume it's true of adults also. And from what we are seeing so far Omicron appears to be the good variant (mild thus far although easily spread) and may confer immunity.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Well I don't have 17 hours to read your Homeric Epic of a response. But you can go ahead and strap a worthless piece of cloth across your face and/or hide under your bed for the next few years while the sane among us do what we can to get on with our lives.
Amen.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
I'm vaccinated and boosted. But...the best protection from this virus and future variants is:
* Eat a healthy diet and get your BMI around 19 to 23
* Perform a strenuous cardiac workout at least 3 times a week for 30 - 40 minute, build lung capacity
* Follow CDC guidelines on vaccinations

I had COVID for about 6 weeks, back in Dec 2019 - Jan 2020. I had never been that sick in all of my life and I have been a regular runner for over 10 years. At that time there was no vaccination and little understanding of what was going on. I did not think I was going to be able to run again. Luckily I survived and am running now with no long lasting effects.

We may be entering an era where it is the survival of the fittest, literally. Get fit.
Vitamin D3 very important factor as well.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Should we do the same for smokers and the obese?

Old 01-04-2022, 03:49 PM

194 posts, read 189,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post
Should we do the same for smokers and the obese?
No. Smokers and the obese aren't overrunning the health care system all at once. That's the issue. Most people wouldn't have a problem treating the unvaxed if we had unlimited health care resources. However, we don't, and the unvaxed are draining resources for, in many cases, a preventable hospital stay, at the expense of others.

Old 01-04-2022, 03:53 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant99 View Post
No. Smokers and the obese aren't overrunning the health care system all at once. That's the issue. Most people wouldn't have a problem treating the unvaxed if we had unlimited health care resources. However, we don't, and the unvaxed are draining resources for, in many cases, a preventable hospital stay, at the expense of others.
I believe there is a correlation between BMI and smoking and suseptibility to Covid, so it kindais happening.

Hospitals exist for sick and injured people. I find it scary to think we need to introduce medical purity tests or something to be deemed worthy for basic treatments. You people really need to re-evaluate your rhetoric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland