Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:32 PM

25 posts, read 85,486 times

Advertisements

Original members of Beatlemania join the Cleveland POPS Orchestra to combine classical and rock elements for a night of your favorite Beatles songs and more! The Classical Mystery Tour show hits Severance Hall on Friday, October 24th from 8 to 10 PM.

Venue
Severance Hall
11001 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106

Last edited by Carrie.Rocks; 10-14-2008 at 12:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 PM

The Cleveland Browns are ready for some pro-football action this season, having just beat Super Bowl champs the NY Giants last Monday! And now for their next home game, they are taking on the Baltimore Ravens. The game will be held on November 2nd at the massive Cleveland Browns Stadium, tickets can be purchased through the ticket exchange on the official Browns website.

Venue
Cleveland Browns Stadium
100 Alfred Lerner Way
Cleveland, OH 44114

Old 10-16-2008, 01:03 PM

Inside of Rockefeller Park lies 254 acres of beautiful horticulture and landscaping called the Cleveland Cultural Gardens. Each garden contains its own cultural theme, and together they tell a story about the history of twentieth-century America and it’s relation to the world at large. Just last month, Raj Mohan Ghandhi planted a tree in the India Garden, where an 11-foot bronze statue of his grandfather Mahatma Ghandi stands. The gardens have been an ongoing work in progress for decades, as some of them date back to the 1930’s, while others are just now reaching proposals and planning stages. More than just the outdoors and cultural history, it’s living-breathing art!

690 East 88th Street
Cleveland OH 44108

Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 PM

So what’s good to eat in Cleveland? If you don’t already about know the West Side Market, that’s my top recommendation. With over 180 vendors selling a range of culturally diverse foods, there’s something to please everyone!

Venue
West Side Market
West 25th and Lorain
Cleveland, OH 44113
West Side Market

Just downtown, celebrity chef Michael Symon runs an American-cuisine bistro named Lola. It’s a popular restaurant located in a hot spot downtown that offers plenty of unique, quality dishes. Symon also run a stylish bistro called Lolita in the historic Tremont neighborhood. View menu’s on the official site: Michael Symon: Lola and Lolita

Venue
Lola
2058 E 4th St
Cleveland, OH 44115
---
Lolita
900 Literary Rd
Cleveland, OH 44113

There are also over 20 restaurants in the Little Italy district near University Circle. If you’re looking for the best Italian food and wines in Cleveland, there are many choices available here, so your best bet is to just scope the area and see what appeals to you – but you can find a list of restaurants available here: LITTLE ITALY CLEVELAND - Little Italy an urban neighborhood

Cleveland, OH 44106

Old 10-19-2008, 07:45 PM

5 posts, read 23,727 times
Carrie:

Thanks for the pics. My wife and I are looking forward to moving to CLE later this month. Any tips on website for house/condo/townhome rentals? Plus, i saw a report that said that 85% of ppl in Cleveland drive to work, but that its rail system was rated #1 in the nation. Is the rail frequently used and safe? I'm a bit concerned with the schedule of the trains. THanks for the help!

Old 01-23-2009, 07:51 PM

256 posts, read 736,163 times
FINALLY they are having the ceremony in Cleveland. Hope it stays there and this is the beginning of good things for Cleveland!
CLEVELAND ROCKS!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:39 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,900,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamapop View Post
Hey sb02 - I couldn't begin to tell ya where to look for a house haha, but I can tell you the rail system in Cleveland is one of the largest in the nation! Lots of information about the public transporation can be found here: positivelycleveland.com/visiting/getting_there/pubtrans/. My suggestion is to just try out the rail system a few times and see if it works for your personal commute versus driving.

Hope that helps! I'm Paul by the way, also working on behalf of Positively Cleveland Here to share some exciting news going on at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2009 Induction Ceremony! This years ceremony will be taking place in Cleveland for the first time since 1997 and broadcast live on Fuse TV! Inductees include Run DMC, Metallica, Little Anthony & The Imperials, Jeff Beck and Bobby Womack. To celebrate, there will be tons of events happening the week of the ceremony (March 28-April 4), including free concerts! You can check out event listings here: rockhall.com/calendar

Ceremony pre-sale tickets are available for one day by visiting the Rock Hall's box office on January 24th at 10 AM. All tickets go on sale January 26 through Ticketmaster outlets starting at 10 AM. Never in the ceremony's 24 year history has it been made open to the public until now!

Venue
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
1100 Rock and Roll Boulevard
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
(East Ninth Street at Lake Erie)

Many thanks,
Paul Graham
Community Ambassador
I forgot all about this! Great news! Thank you for the article.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:40 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,900,018 times
Special thanks to Carrie, thank you for making this thread so informative and showing off Cleveland's great qualities.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:52 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,342,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb85650 View Post
How nice to see something about Cleveland that isn't a depressing spew of crime/unemployment and why everyone should leave now! We'd seriously considered relocating but the negativity is overwhelming.
Don't let these boards or the mass media deter you. Much of that is super hyped. There are pockets that are depressed, as with any large city. These boards are also sounding boards for people to find their colleagues in the misery pot. Please visit the city, and take in all the vibrant history, amazing parks and venues. The industrial part of Cleveland is hurting, and the downtown is rebounding from some bad leadership...but all the pieces are there. The medical industry and insurance industries are thriving. Negativity can kill a city. Optimism is what is needed, and more people willing to talk about and show off the gem it is.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:57 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,342,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb02 View Post
Carrie:

Thanks for the pics. My wife and I are looking forward to moving to CLE later this month. Any tips on website for house/condo/townhome rentals? Plus, i saw a report that said that 85% of ppl in Cleveland drive to work, but that its rail system was rated #1 in the nation. Is the rail frequently used and safe? I'm a bit concerned with the schedule of the trains. THanks for the help!
sb02: Where are you moving. The Rapid Transit is definitely used. It is relatively safe, but as with all public transport, use it wisely. Depending on where you are traveling to, be smart with times etc.
Most people drive to work b/c the rail system doesn't travel to every burb. However, if you work downtown it is a great alternative.
Depending on where you want to live, and what type of commute you are looking for, we could direct you further. The Howard Hanna website is great for searching sales and rentals. Just go to their general site www.howardhanna.com and type in Clevelend area. You can search on many burbs, zips, types of properties (condos, homes, duplexes, rentals etc) Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland