Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 08:34 PM

19 posts, read 63,292 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a new graduate and will be moving to Cleveland in a few months time to work. I am looking for a nice area to stay in around Cleveland.

I have stayed in Cleveland heights for some time. The area was pretty decent but the place was really old with lots of really old homes and mansions.
I also felt the area near Cedar - Warrensville road intersection was pretty nice with lot of shopping.
I am looking for small new / modern homes apartments to stay in (will be staying alone) with good amenities (gym, washer - dryer in house). Safety is also another factor.

Could you guys suggest a few places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,896,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakaxe View Post
Hi,

I am a new graduate and will be moving to Cleveland in a few months time to work. I am looking for a nice area to stay in around Cleveland.

I have stayed in Cleveland heights for some time. The area was pretty decent but the place was really old with lots of really old homes and mansions.
I also felt the area near Cedar - Warrensville road intersection was pretty nice with lot of shopping.
I am looking for small new / modern homes apartments to stay in (will be staying alone) with good amenities (gym, washer - dryer in house). Safety is also another factor.

Could you guys suggest a few places?

I don't know what your budget is but if you can swing it, try to get one of the newer or renovated places downtown.

These are downtown on the west bank of the flats(this is a meaningless distinction as there is no longer an "east bank" of the flats):

Stonebridge Condominiums | Plaza at Stonebridge | Towers at Stonebridge | Downtown Cleveland Condos

You could also look into some of the newer townhouses in Lakewood. I don't know what your threshold is as far as "neighborhoods in transition" but this part of Lakewood is generally viewed as a bit less appealing. But it's by NO MEANS "scary" and there are some decent options.

Rockport Square - Townhomes and Lofts located in Lakewood, Ohio near downtown Cleveland

Good luck!

Last edited by twange; 11-24-2008 at 09:54 PM..

Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
Ditto to what twange said... Otherwise, to get "modern" you're probably going to have to go to the outer 'burbs.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:24 AM

82 posts, read 285,308 times
Thanks for putting "modern" in quotes when talking about the burbs. There is a difference between modern construction and new construction and the burbs only have the latter.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:50 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
Parts of Tremont are what I would call "modern". With all the new (almost futuristic looking) townhomes and apartments in the area. I wouldnt exactly call that area nice though. Some of the areas I saw (East of W10th st) had a good view of downtown, but also the Industrial Valley with the factories and steel mills right below them, so its kind of a weird area, very industrial.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:25 AM

44 posts, read 177,220 times
Downtown, Tremont, and a few developments in Detroit-Shoreway are really the only places that you will find Modern style living. As mentioned earlier there are plenty of new complexs in the burbs, but they are all cookie cutter places.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:59 AM

82 posts, read 285,308 times
University Circle has some new, very modern townhouses going up at east 118th and Euclid. Also they are supposed to have some very modern condos and rentals coming online in the next year or two.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:54 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
I am currently looking into downtown, Tremont and Ohio City. I am a suburb junky right now...

Old 03-04-2011, 11:13 AM

8 posts, read 9,041 times
I live in mayfield heights but will probably be moving a little closer to the hospitals since I got a job there. If staying in cleveland heights or if you work at the hospitals (as a lot of people seem to in these areas) I would recommend Bluestone or Courtyards of Severance. I know people in both complexes and both are reportedly built by good construction companies and are solidly built. Lots of young professionals in both places (especially physicians). As you know popular areas are cedar/fairmont, cedar/lee, coventry, shaker square, cedar/warrensville.

I also looked into Tremont and Ohio City which are cool areas in Cleveland. I almost moved there a couple years ago but had two friends whose places were broken into there...but this is probably like anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland