Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:20 AM

2 posts, read 19,079 times

Advertisements

Last Saturday I saw about 25 teenagers at a small local park. Very unusual for the size of the park. Walking down the street were even more teenagers. They appeared to be wearing gang colors. I called our crime watch cordinator and she confirmed that in fact it was a gang "the colors". They are coming from over the bridge from Dennison. So if anyone sees them, please call the police. We need to nip this in the bud, before the problems gets worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
I believe that I heard about a crips or bloods gang (cant recall which one) that started a few years ago around that area. The place I heard was around Fulton ave. and Memphis ave. but around Old Brooklyn.

Theres not many areas left in the city of Cleveland where you can escape from that now though, sadly.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 19,079 times
It scares me, because we have a lot of young children in this area. I was talking to my neighbor, also on Saturday, and he said about two weeks ago he was in his garage and he heard some noise. He peeked out to see what was happening and there were six teenagers in his back yard, fighting with baseball bats. He lives behind me and what saved him were my dogs. They were in the back yard and scared them off. I hate to think what would have happened had my dogs not been in the yard.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:45 PM

217 posts, read 692,684 times
man aint no real gang over there...i know people over there..just a bunch of teenagers hanging out..

Old 05-25-2009, 05:00 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
I believe that I heard about a crips or bloods gang (cant recall which one) that started a few years ago around that area. The place I heard was around Fulton ave. and Memphis ave. but around Old Brooklyn.

Theres not many areas left in the city of Cleveland where you can escape from that now though, sadly.
Crips are in the Puritas-Longmead area as well.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:02 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir_Abdul View Post
man aint no real gang over there...i know people over there..just a bunch of teenagers hanging out..
It's been pretty apparent you have no clue what you are talking about. You seem to think that East Cleveland is the only area with crime. Heck, from W.130th along Bellaire, there were 6 murders just last summer. That's a neighborhood (Linndale) of about 5,000 people. Homicides and violent crime are spread across the whole city now, so please keep your nonsense to yourself. There is even a growing Skinhead gang in West Park area, comprised of mainly Irish 1st or 2nd gens.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:05 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir_Abdul View Post
What is that even supposed to mean?

A lot of the bloods and crips gangs in Cleveland are real gangs officially started by people from LA/Compton, I know of one specifically near E93rd on the southside. If someone on here took your advice as "theyre not a real gang, they wont do anything to you" and then they got robbed, or worse, how would you feel then? Contrary to what you may think, there is real gangs and crime outside of East Cleveland.

Seeing as youve said Lorain doesnt have real gangs () and Southside Gardens are "not real projects", in the past, I would not trust anything you say.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:27 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,701,705 times
You see gang colors, you see signs, and you see graffiti, so WTF are you supposed to think?

Walk, talk, quack like a duck... must be a damned duck. Perhaps not but it's the likeliest possibility. Don't believe disinformation.

Last edited by Ohioan58; 05-25-2009 at 09:37 PM..

Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 PM

5 posts, read 21,739 times
Where has everyone been????? Gangs have been in Cleveland for many years now... They have been in Old Brooklyn area since I was last there in 2004...Thye weren't as hard core as they have become but they have been there.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 PM

17 posts, read 42,355 times
I have rentals in old brooklyn on "nice streets" & live in south hills- in the last six or seven months it's been downhill everywhere. I've been in old brooklyn almost 20 years. The mentality here is so pervasive we're moving to southern ohio. You can't stop it, the second district doesn't care and won't even come out when you call them about a crime. If you can get out, get out now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland