Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 10:38 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,785,685 times

Advertisements

Im planning my long RV trip for the month of April 2012, Ill be spending about a week on the Outer Banks but would also like to take in some interesting things on the mainland coast stretching the entire length of N.C.

I like a good variety of things but especially Classic Car Shows, Museums, Photography, Drag Strip, RV shows, live Debates , outstanding seafood buffets, live music...mostly Christian/soft rock/ mellow contemporary jazz/oldies from the 60-70's ., and water sports. But am open to trying new things too.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 11:20 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,039,635 times
These popped into mind:

The Lost Colony - National Outdoor Theatre

North Carolina Aquariums » Home

North Carolina Lighthouse Map

N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation: - Welcome to Fort Macon State Park

Old 05-29-2011, 07:52 AM

Really good. Thanks. Im going to work these in to my Trip and they sound interesting to check out.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:38 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,914,524 times
If it's reopened (was closed due to tornado damage) you can hook up at Flanners Beach between New Bern and Havelock. It's a good launching pad to explore both New Bern and the areas mentioned above.

Neuse River (Flanners Beach) Campground Reviews || Tripleblaze.com Camping & Hiking

Things to do in New Bern
Tryon Palace - New Bern, North Carolina - Home
Welcome to the Pepsi Store! The Birthplace of Pepsi Cola.
Cow Cafe
New Bern Firemen's Museum: Welcome to the New Bern Firemen?s Museum where the history of New Bern fire fighting comes to life.
Convention & Visitors Center - New Bern, NC - Things to Do

If you extend that trip to early May you can check out the the Cherry Point Air Show, which I belive may be the biggest in the south east. I know it's the biggest in NC. A lot of static displays there as well. edit: runs May 5-6

MCAS Cherry Point Air Show

You have the estuary in little Washington
Partnership for the Sounds - North Carolina Estuarium

NC Battleship Wilmington
USS North Carolina Battleship

Old 05-30-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
If it's reopened (was closed due to tornado damage) you can hook up at Flanners Beach between New Bern and Havelock. It's a good launching pad to explore both New Bern and the areas mentioned above.

Neuse River (Flanners Beach) Campground Reviews || Tripleblaze.com Camping & Hiking

Things to do in New Bern
Tryon Palace - New Bern, North Carolina - Home
Welcome to the Pepsi Store! The Birthplace of Pepsi Cola.
Cow Cafe
New Bern Firemen's Museum: Welcome to the New Bern Firemen?s Museum where the history of New Bern fire fighting comes to life.
Convention & Visitors Center - New Bern, NC - Things to Do

If you extend that trip to early May you can check out the the Cherry Point Air Show, which I belive may be the biggest in the south east. I know it's the biggest in NC. A lot of static displays there as well. edit: runs May 5-6

MCAS Cherry Point Air Show

You have the estuary in little Washington
Partnership for the Sounds - North Carolina Estuarium

NC Battleship Wilmington
USS North Carolina Battleship
Great. Yes..theres some things of interest to me here. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina