Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 12:09 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

We are coming out to the Topsail area beaches to try some surf fishing next weekend. We are wondering what the reports have been and if we should bring our own lunches just in case the fish are shy..

THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 07:42 PM

166 posts, read 304,509 times
The Left Brain says that now until January should be good for surf fishing and to use shrimp or squid on a bottom rig...whatever that is!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:06 AM

I tried to find the name of this place, but had no luck- maybe someone will know...there is a small hotel/motel that has a fishing pier at Topsail. Its been about 7 years since I've been but it was a very popular spot all year and they had pictures of all the great catches from the pier. I think it was nearer to the southern end of the Topsail area, but its been quite a while so I'm not sure. There is a good restaurant and great bait shop there as well.
I think you said surf fishing, but the pier may be a good spot if the other doesn't work for you.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:02 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2carolina View Post
I tried to find the name of this place, but had no luck- maybe someone will know...there is a small hotel/motel that has a fishing pier at Topsail. Its been about 7 years since I've been but it was a very popular spot all year and they had pictures of all the great catches from the pier. I think it was nearer to the southern end of the Topsail area, but its been quite a while so I'm not sure. There is a good restaurant and great bait shop there as well.
I think you said surf fishing, but the pier may be a good spot if the other doesn't work for you.

THANKS. My friends have been fishing once or twice. They want to do the pier. I am wanting to try either or both. They are saying shrimp and blood worms?

I remember seeing a pier I thought was Topsail when my wife and I drove the coast last spring.
At least we can eat at the restaurant if fishing gets us nothing!

Old 10-23-2011, 04:25 PM

Sure am sorry I can't recall the name...but as I talked it over with the Left Brain he thinks it may be a mite south of the Surf City area.
Oh, and to be sure I haven't misled you about the restaurant..its just a very small diner sort of spot; a few laminated tables and banquettes, but the food was good and it was clean!

Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,710 times
Red Drum Tackle has a report they put out daily. Website: Red Drum Tackle -- Buxton, NC Granted they are north but it might give you so info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina