Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:50 PM

14 posts, read 56,775 times

Advertisements

Hello All, We're looking to move to Wilmington in early December. We are looking to rent for about $650-750/mo. for a 2 bedroom. Can anyone suggest any apartment communities or rental websites? I have checked out the main apartment websites, such as apartmentfinder.com and rent.com, but if anyone has any other suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I know that there is only so much you can find out on-line, and it seems I have hit a research plateau. I'm so excited though, I want to keep looking! I have found a few apartments that seem to fit the bill, any opinions about Governours Square Apartments, or Forest Hills Apartments? Also, I am a little concerned about the cost of the move itself. We don't need to hire a moving company, we are just going to rent a truck. How much should we plan to spend on a truck from Cleveland, OH to Wilmington? $500? $1000? We just figured we would go with u-haul, but has anyone had better experiences with other rental truck companies? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 04:40 PM

69 posts, read 454,017 times
Hi!

I just moved here from Columbus, Ohio a couple weeks ago and went through the same thing you are going through. I am renting a two bedroom off of N. Market @ The Park at Three Oaks and my rent is $855. There are some cheaper ones though just sometimes not in great areas, so be careful. The ones you mentioned, I have looked at and I didn't care for them but check them out yourself if you can.

Some sites that I used frequently were craigslist, Wilmington Realty North Carolina Rentals, Wilmington NC house rentals -property management - CENTURY 21 Sweyer & Associates, and you may want to check out the historic district's website for something in that district if that interests you...www.historicwilmington.com/rentals (broken link). I hope that helps a bit.

If you have ANY questions about apts. or anything else please don't hesitate to email me @ Jill713@yahoo.com.

As for the UHaul...it's going to cost you about $850-1000. I went with a moving company (because I had to) and it cost me $2300. You can go to Uhaul.com and get yourself a direct quote though.

Good luck and get in touch if you need to!

~Jill

Old 08-31-2007, 05:02 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
Pods is another option. It's a good choice between UHaul and a traditional moving company. You pack/unpack it yourself but they move it. Liz

Old 08-31-2007, 08:35 PM

Hey, thanks for all your help and info. I'll just have to keep checking up on things daily.
I actually moved to Cleveland from Columbus 2 years ago, I never thought I'd miss Columbus, but, I couldn't be more excited for the move to Wilmington. Are you enjoying it there? Does it compare in any way to Ohio? I don't need it to be the same, I'm just curious. Thanks!

Old 09-01-2007, 03:49 PM

I can't say that I feel any comparisons to Ohio. I honestly feel like I am in a totally new and unique place. I love it here!!! I couldn't be happier with my choice to relocate. Granted I have only been here about 3 weeks, but so far, I dont miss Columbus at all. I have found good restaurants, shopping, and even better views and things to do so I hope you enjoy it as well.

~Jill

Old 09-01-2007, 10:29 PM

Excellent! Well, I am so excited to make the big move! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it, and I hope that I will as well when I get down there. I think we might be moving a month earlier too, so now I'm even more anxious!

Old 09-03-2007, 04:19 PM

So when are moving? I bet you are excited and anxious...it's a big jump for us Ohioans!

Old 09-03-2007, 09:16 PM

We were going to make the big move in early December, but I think that it might be early November now. I could not be more excited. Especially since we will be moving just in time to miss Ohio weather!

Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 PM

Yeah, that is going to be the great thing. I am so excited to miss all the nasty weather that comes along with being in Ohio. I am anxious to see what winter is like here.

Good luck with all the planning!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 5,441 times
I too am considering the big move from Columbus, OH to Wilmington. Can't transfer with a job, so how is the job market there? Any advise/suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina