Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2007, 09:35 AM

830 posts, read 1,064,122 times

Advertisements

I am planning a trip down to the Coastal, NC. and living near a good grocery/health food store is at the top of my list. Does the Coastal, NC. have anything similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 10:14 AM

3,289 posts, read 9,185,850 times
There is a Fresh Market here in Wilmington, similar to a Whole Paycheck (oops Whole Foods) LOL. Liz

Old 09-02-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
There is a Fresh Market here in Wilmington, similar to a Whole Paycheck (oops Whole Foods) LOL. Liz
Very funnnnnny ..... I don't mind paying less! Thank you for the help!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 03:39 PM

5 posts, read 303,148 times
Default Wilmington has a Sweet Fairganic Co-op

Fair ganic fair trade & Organic

The Co-op is amazing, very green, progressive, tons of healthy choices, with feel good friday discounts in wellness. It welcomes everyone, Love All is the Vibe, i dig it, you might too
Hope this helps
Peace
we need more and more progressive minded people here green pro-active people- so come on out and enjoy it, and get involved
Peace & Adventures

Old 09-06-2007, 03:41 PM

5 posts, read 303,148 times
Default Tidal Creek is the Co-op name,

The co-op is called tidal creek, there is also another organic place called Lovey's its nice, but not as Ecclectic and eccentric and wide open as tidal creek......But none the less a very nice place and green minded good people....peace
It's Organically Good

Old 09-08-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingLifeGreener View Post
The co-op is called tidal creek, there is also another organic place called Lovey's its nice, but not as Ecclectic and eccentric and wide open as tidal creek......But none the less a very nice place and green minded good people....peace
It's Organically Good

Thanks so much for the info. Sounds like I'm going to need to be soemwhere near Willmington to find what I am looking for.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:13 PM

17 posts, read 102,115 times
Quote:
there is also another organic place called Lovey's its nice, but not as Ecclectic and eccentric and wide open as tidal creek
You forgot to mention that they're not as expensive as Tidal Creek either!

Tidal Creek, while nice, is no less expensive than the Fresh Market either.

Would love an Earth Fare or Whole Foods or Traders to come here.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:28 PM

713 posts, read 3,928,850 times
Smile Coastal Community Market, Beaufort, NC

Beaufort, NC has recently gotten a great small natural foods store, Coastal Community Market.

It is a great addition to their area, we have made a number of trips there.

I am most pleased to report that they carry Marmite which is one my favorite breakfast treats.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:41 AM

3 posts, read 18,356 times
Hi There!

Thanks for making this post! I am also interested in moving to Coastal NC and looking for a town that has access to healthy organic foods. I have one more question about Wilmington. What is the job market like for a yoga teacher/herbalist, and her government cartographer boyfriend? I am curious because we will both need to work and make similar salaries to what we are making in the Washington, DC area (I make $30k and he makes $75k). Are there similar financial opportunities in the coastal NC area?

Thanks!
Ashley

Old 03-27-2008, 10:50 AM

7,125 posts, read 12,659,449 times
The Coastal Community Market in Beaufort is great--love their locally-grown produce, honey and eggs. Made in Beaufort chocolate that's incredible. Organic wines, plus meats and poultry if you're into meat. And for a small shop, they carry a lot...and will special order anything for you. Adorable place-- a min Trader Joes.

Also, Lowe's Grocery, and the soon to open Harris Teeter in Morehead City have expanding organic sections due to popular demand. Even the local Walmart, so I hear, has more and more organic items.

There are several farmer's markets and growers, some with organic items.

There are several Asian groceries within 20 minutes of Beaufort/MC and for anything else, hey, there's always on-line shopping. But most everything a healthy eater might want, including locally caught fresh fish, is right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina