Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 04:09 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,769 times

Advertisements

I just found out an old aquaintance of ours lives in SHallotte NC?
where is this?
we are getting to retire from the west and thought this sounded appealing?
is it near the water?
does it have its own shopping downtown? quaint town?
Can anyone give me any information on this place? location? in NC
etc
thank you for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 05:17 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Shallotte is a small town on HWY 17 between Calabash and Bolivia NC. It is about 10-15 minutes from the beach (Holden Beach or Ocean Isle Beach) and 40-45 minutes to Wilmington, to the north or North Myrtle Beach, to the south.
There is quite a bit of development going on in the area as boomers seem to have discovered it and developers are building subdivisions and marketing them aggressively.
The beaches in the area are absolutely beautiful and quite undeveloped (ie-no high rises). Lots of golf, water activity and history in the area.
They do have a Home Depot, Super Walmart, Chili's and other small shops, but as I said, it is a small town.
The zip is 28459, you can check Realtor.com for home prices and availability.
We love the area and plan to make it home in the future.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:43 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGAZ View Post
I just found out an old aquaintance of ours lives in SHallotte NC?
where is this?
we are getting to retire from the west and thought this sounded appealing?
is it near the water?
does it have its own shopping downtown? quaint town?
Can anyone give me any information on this place? location? in NC
etc
thank you for your help

Hi there Gilbert person. I moved from Gilbert AZ in Feb to Charlotte and now I am in Myrtle Beach(love it). I will be starting a job in Shallotte Monday

From what I have seen of Shallotte it is a small town but growing. It's in between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. I think it's a lovely place close to plenty of beaches. It has shopping and restaurants. I think you should come down and take a peek.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Shallotte is a small town on HWY 17 between Calabash and Bolivia NC. It is about 10-15 minutes from the beach (Holden Beach or Ocean Isle Beach) and 40-45 minutes to Wilmington, to the north or North Myrtle Beach, to the south.
There is quite a bit of development going on in the area as boomers seem to have discovered it and developers are building subdivisions and marketing them aggressively.
The beaches in the area are absolutely beautiful and quite undeveloped (ie-no high rises). Lots of golf, water activity and history in the area.
They do have a Home Depot, Super Walmart, Chili's and other small shops, but as I said, it is a small town.
The zip is 28459, you can check Realtor.com for home prices and availability.
We love the area and plan to make it home in the future.
North Myrtle beach is 20 minutes from there using Hickman Rd

Old 09-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
North Myrtle beach is 20 minutes from there using Hickman Rd
Sheena- Thanks! Where is Hickman Rd?
Congrats on the job Where will you be working?

Old 09-14-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Sheena- Thanks! Where is Hickman Rd?
Congrats on the job Where will you be working?

Hickman rd is off of the 17 going towards Little River but you need turn right after Brunswick Plantation. Follow that rd about 8 minutes and take a left and on your right you can grab the 31 to Myrtle Beach or pick up the 17 right there to N Myrtle. It cuts out going through Little River and all the lights.

I will be working for the company with all the billboards up the 17.....LOL
The Coastal Companies. They built Brunswick Plantation as well as all the other upscale communities going up. Ocean Ridge etc.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Hickman rd is off of the 17 going towards Little River but you need turn right after Brunswick Plantation. Follow that rd about 8 minutes and take a left and on your right you can grab the 31 to Myrtle Beach or pick up the 17 right there to N Myrtle. It cuts out going through Little River and all the lights.

I will be working for the company with all the billboards up the 17.....LOL
The Coastal Companies. They built Brunswick Plantation as well as all the other upscale communities going up. Ocean Ridge etc.
Thanks Sheena-will try that route next week when we are down there!

We bought some property from Coastal Communities a couple of years ago, it was a pretty positive experience. Hope you have one too

Old 09-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks Sheena-will try that route next week when we are down there!

We bought some property from Coastal Communities a couple of years ago, it was a pretty positive experience. Hope you have one too

Oh that's awesome! I'm shaking in my shoes nervous for my first day Monday I just want to hang out at the beach I'm lucky to have a job though

Old 09-17-2007, 04:50 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,769 times
Hi SHeena
COngratulations - I was wondering where you went off too -
so you found a peace of heaven I hear
Good Luck
we are still back in PHX trying to sell
maybe we will come check it out -

Old 09-17-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGAZ View Post
Hi SHeena
COngratulations - I was wondering where you went off too -
so you found a peace of heaven I hear
Good Luck
we are still back in PHX trying to sell
maybe we will come check it out -
Yes I have gone coastal It's better than going postal

You should check out Shallotte and the surrounding areas like Holden Beach. It's a short drive to Little River and N Myrtle Beach as well as Wilmington to the North. I work in Shallotte and live in Myrtle Beach.

I think you would really like it alot. I wish you the best of luck trying to sell your house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina