Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,856,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
The Mid-Currituck bridge to Corrolla is a stalled project...this would have opened up access from the beach to E-City area better...especially with the 158 widening through Camden being done. I think the Currituck and Camden areas are going to continue to get better as the economy improves...housing starts virtually stopped in Camden where it was going gangbusters for 10 years. Is this true? we were told the bridge to Corolla was a definite and would start after 2014???

NCDOT: Mid-Currituck Bridge

This is the official update...in development.

But the issue is funding and the State Legislator is considering not utilizing tolls to fund projects which would throw it back in the pot with all of the other projects. IMO, its stalled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 07:44 PM

116 posts, read 338,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
Wilson NC population in 2011 was 49,251
Goldsboro NC was 36,503

Just wanted to clarify that since the thread starter rounded the population of those two towns but gave exact for others. Just thought that was a big difference.

Towns I would live in...no order...New Bern...Greenville, Wilson, Wilmington...The crystal coast is nice...but in the middle of no where. I would go crazy after a while.
while your population numbers are correct for city limits, most of wilsons base is within the city limits of wilson. Most of goldsboro's base is outside the city limits
wayne co. population 113,000
wilson co. 82000

so actually the overall areas wayne is larger but wilson is catching up as it is pretty much becoming a commuter town for raleigh.

agreed crystal coast is nice but far from everywhere

Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 PM

116 posts, read 338,959 times
in regards to elizabeth city,,,not much has changed form earlier posts, I would not move with my family there. I personally know somebody in law enforcement who was mugged while off duty in ec...true story. minus the small area around downtown and the waterfront not much there or going on and schools ehhh.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,102,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'd seen those threads before. The most recent post is from August of last year. I was hoping for somewhat newer info.
I just noticed this post. If there is one thing that I think everybody agrees about Eastern Carolina, it is that things don't change in a hurry. You can believe that the info about the smaller towns in Eastern Carolina will be relevant for the next 20 or 30 years. A whole lot of these small towns are like stepping into a time machine and warping back 50 or 60 years. You might see a Bojangles or Food Lion pop up once in awhile but not much else changes.

I have been to just about every small town in Eastern Carolina and the names may change but not much else does.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I just noticed this post. If there is one thing that I think everybody agrees about Eastern Carolina, it is that things don't change in a hurry. You can believe that the info about the smaller towns in Eastern Carolina will be relevant for the next 20 or 30 years. A whole lot of these small towns are like stepping into a time machine and warping back 50 or 60 years. You might see a Bojangles or Food Lion pop up once in awhile but not much else changes.

I have been to just about every small town in Eastern Carolina and the names may change but not much else does.

I suppose I should have written "different" rather than "newer".

I've been going to Elizabeth City every now and then for business since 1985. I think it's a pretty nice place, although I prefer a more urban environment. Just trying to get some insight on it from people other than the folks I deal with down there.

Your I.D. mentions 48 years in Maryland and 7 in NC. Are you 55 years old? That's how old I am. Did you go to Andover High School? I knew a Rick Martin there.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Your I.D. mentions 48 years in Maryland and 7 in NC. Are you 55 years old? That's how old I am. Did you go to Andover High School? I knew a Rick Martin there.
Annapolis Sr High. Class of 76.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Annapolis Sr High. Class of 76.
Dude, USNA class of 74. Probably ate subs at Timmy's together/

Old 05-11-2013, 10:56 AM

910 posts, read 1,318,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
NCDOT: Mid-Currituck Bridge

This is the official update...in development.

But the issue is funding and the State Legislator is considering not utilizing tolls to fund projects which would throw it back in the pot with all of the other projects. IMO, its stalled.
It's been killed again.

Currituck bridge funding axed again by committee « The Outer Banks Voice

Old 05-11-2013, 11:21 AM

50 posts, read 111,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgpeacock View Post
Wilmington is the largest in eastern NC with a population of 150,000(including surrounding areas) give or take depending on the time of the year. After that is Greenville with roughly 80,000 and Jacksonville close behind. Other cities. Rocky Mount around 55,000, Wilson and Goldsboro around 40,000 give or take. Other smaller cities, New Bern 29000, Kinston 22000, Elizabeth City 18000 and Morehead City/Beaufort together around 15-20000. Rest are smaller towns and communities.
The Wilmington Area's population is really about 400K. The only reason that doesn't show when you look it up is because the Office of Management and Budget decided to give Brunswick County to Myrtle Beach.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Dude, USNA class of 74. Probably ate subs at Timmy's together/
More often than not, I could be found at Teddy's Pool Hall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina