Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2006, 09:02 PM

4 posts, read 8,567 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about washington and washington park?
is washington park next to washington? and how close

What about the schools there ?

I guess whatever you can tell me about it would be really helpful

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,726,689 times
//www.city-data.com/city/Washin...-Carolina.html ,then check the map. It's pretty close (if not the same town)

Old 12-26-2006, 05:59 PM

16 posts, read 92,150 times
Default Washington Park...Maybe?

Hi folks. This is 3 mo. since you two posted but I'd like to follow up on Washington Park. I'd love to hear from someone who lives there. Looking to retire. Would love a boat and slip. Not too far from the water. Is it expensive.....a retiree trap?

Old 12-28-2006, 06:23 AM

4 posts, read 23,754 times
I live in washington
Washington park is very nice............ BUT,....anytime there is a hurricane which seems to be ever year or two now, it floods, so if you dont mind that it would be nice, AND it is expensive.

I would recommend if your going to come to washington, to specifically ask if the home your looking for is in a flood plane.

Washington would be great place to retire.

if your interested in local real estate prices, go to google and type in therichcompany.com.

Hope that helps!

Old 12-28-2006, 11:03 AM

823 posts, read 3,922,416 times
I was interested in Washington because there is a charter Montessori school there. Is there any area there that wouldn't be flooded (a la Floyd)?

Thanks,
Alice

Old 12-29-2006, 04:44 AM

16 posts, read 92,150 times
Thanks astandupguy and alice 61. Wash Park like every town has its good and bad. Others have suggested Morehead, Swansboro, Newport, Bath, Elizabeth City, Rocky Point, Wilmington, Castle Hayne and Hampstead. Any opinions on these?

Spent every vacation last year visiting different sections of inland NC. Will go for the coast next year.

Happy New Years to you both. gary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina