Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 AM

805 posts, read 2,004,454 times

Advertisements

Jay, you almost had me there for a moment, you almost stepped into the land of reality, then you went over the cliff again on another ideological rant, several of them, rapid fire, twisting everything that anyone might have said. You will believe and say whatever you please as long as it is along the lines that the lesbian couple is/was and always will be totally incapable of doing anything wrong or inappropriate and they are always, always right.... no matter what actually happened.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
My last post on the subject:

1) I am 100% for equal rights for same sex couples. Govt sanctioned union but not marriage which like it or not is a religious event.
A marriage 'ceremony' can be religious, but a marriage contract is secular.

Quote:

2) I also disapprove of the way that so many straight - gay confrontations end up in the media, as if staged.
Well its usually involving some religious bigot, not just a straight person. Perhaps if they stopped attacking gay and lesbian people in the first place, maybe it wouldn't happen?

Quote:
3) So many feel they have the right to tell me how I should feel, and feel they have the right to condem me if I don't agree with them. That pizzes me off, too. Intolerance comes to mind
Who's telling you how you should feel? Feel whatever you feel. Say whatever you like. But if you hand perfect strangers a rude note telling them how you feel about them and what they should do with their lives, would you seriously not expect them not to get 'pizzed off' too?

Quote:
Finally, I had two very sweet lesbian neighbors. We were discussing Christmas presents. They asked what I wanted, and I said, "I wanna watch."

Those sweet girls gave me the nicest Rolex I could imagine. Bless their little hearts!
Gotta love the hypocrisy and perviness.

Can I tell you? Lesbians get REALLY tired of hearing that from straight guys. It's kind of sleazy and intrusive.

Just imagine how 'pizzed off' (and probably nauseated) you'd feel if gay guys came up to you all the time telling you they'd love to watch you masturbate.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 AM

910 posts, read 1,318,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I believe what the couple said in the video - that they weren't kissing and don't kiss in public. Most lesbians tend to be far more circumspect than straight people in public about PDAs as it's often too dangerous to be openly gay in redneck country.
More like sanctimonious Yankee retiree country.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Jay, you almost had me there for a moment, you almost stepped into the land of reality, then you went over the cliff again on another ideological rant, several of them, rapid fire, twisting everything that anyone might have said. You will believe and say whatever you please as long as it is along the lines that the lesbian couple is/was and always will be totally incapable of doing anything wrong or inappropriate and they are always, always right.... no matter what actually happened.
You didn't appreciate my knowledge of the Bible? Or being able to point out just how hypocritical this restaurant owner is?

Shucks. I'm heartbroken.

PS: Apparently you are very quick to believe a lie on an anonymous forum- as long as it supports your negative views about lesbians.

Gosh! Isn't that called ..... 'prejudice'?

Last edited by Ceist; 01-20-2013 at 11:31 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Bingo LLN.... the "supporters" of the young ladies ignore completely the eyewitness account by the "EYEWITNESS", they give it absolutely no creedance, none whatsoever. They choose, instead, to spew forth with more idealogical pap, insisting that the young ladies were NOT doing what the eyewitness said.... which, as stated earlier, should not be tolerated in a public restaurant whether they were homosexual or heterosexual "couples".... in other words their ideology, as always, seems to get in the way of reality and the facts.... not surprising. Again, instead they offer a photo of the lovely young couple.... what does the photo prove, that they are attractive ? OK, they're sttractive. Does this photo of a nice young couple prove or even suggest that they could not have been exhibiting the behavior that the eyewitness testifies to ? NO it does not... it only serves to prove the bias and fact ignoring ideology of the presenter of the photo..... which brings me back to that pesky old question that "they" seem to be deliberately ignoring, putting aside for just a moment that what the owner did was right, wrong or indifferent, how could he possibly have known the sexual orientation of the young ladies in question unless they were exhibiting the type of behavior that the eyewitness stated they were doing ? Again, behavior that should not be tolerated when done by ANYONE in a public restaurant. I believe the question will go ignored and unanswered by "them".... which is to be expected.
Um, the owner claimed that the couple kissed outside the restaurant. The couple said they just held hands outside the restaurant on the way to their car and that they never kiss in public.

Yet the anonymous LLN poster 'claims' they heard a waitess say that the couple were 'aggressively kissing in a booth'.

That's not what the owner said.

So LLN or the 'supposed' waitress .... is lying.

Sorry to throw cold water on your lesbian rant fest. You were getting up such a good head of steam there.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-20-2013 at 11:37 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
More like sanctimonious Yankee retiree country.
I never got to visit New Bern. I'd love to visit this cafe though

Old 01-20-2013, 11:38 AM

910 posts, read 1,318,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I never got to visit New Bern. I'd love to visit this cafe though
Shotgun shacks next to million dollar townhomes.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Hi everyone, I really appreciate with 80 some posts this thread has remarkably remain civil but however the only issue I am seeing is a lot mis- interpretations and hear say from both sides of the issue.

However as of late this thread has turned into attacking members and hear say

Therefore thread is closed.

Thank you for everyone contribution.
Have a good week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina