Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM

60 posts, read 125,795 times

Advertisements

We are thinking about buying a condo in Atlantic Beach, so am looking for advice. Are there ones to avoid due to HOA issues/upcoming assessments, etc.? It would need to be one of the developments close to the causeway, certainly nothing below the aquarium.

We want to get something with a good rental history and offset the costs with rental income. So I would assume that means it would have to be an oceanfront unit, not soundside. Are there any owners on here? Or anyone familiar with the condos in AB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 07:21 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
2sea hi. We stayed a couple of yrs. ago at A Place By The Beach for a week & it was comfortable, but in need of renovations. I would suggest that you check out the site TUG (Timeshare User Group. Most of the TS's are rented or sold by owners that belong to the group at very reasonable prices. I have seen many for Atlantic Beach & they will answer your questions honestly.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:43 AM

Hi kelsie. Is TUG a part of this website? Or does it have it's own website?

Old 03-21-2013, 09:25 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,860,939 times
Here is an interesting article from last week regarding "the circle" in Atlantic Beach. This redevelopment has been on the books for more than a decade. IMO, it will happen eventually, but maybe not with this developer. Likely mixed use type development and the town is mainly concerned with having some public space/access and getting some more tax base. Interesting comments as well...

Circle development appears ready to roll - News-Times: News

Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,249,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sea View Post
Hi kelsie. Is TUG a part of this website? Or does it have it's own website?
2 sea, TUG is not part of CD. Google Timeshare User's Group & it will come up. I joined several yrs. ago ($15.00) a year when we owned 3 TS's in Key West. You don't have to join to check out the listings. I did because of all the invaluable information & I also sold my TS's on Tug. We bought directly from Hyatt at a premium price, before finding TUG. TS's go down in value as soon as you buy them & HOA's go up every year. You can see what the HOA's are when you go into the listings on TUG. One thing we learned, never buy from the Developer. kelsie

Old 03-22-2013, 11:26 AM

I looked at TUG. But really did not see anything relevant to my situation. I'm looking for condos, not timeshares. But even then, I did not see anything on Atlantic Beach, NC. After searching through 5 or 6 pages of posts.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:38 PM

51 posts, read 101,811 times
Default Condo

We have owned a condo in Pine Knoll Shores for 11 years. We are 5 miles from the Atlantic Beach bridge. I grew up spending summers there and have always loved Bogue Banks.What is your price range?
In AB, look at Dunescape,Southwinds,Island Beach and Racquet and Sands Villa. In Pine Knoll Shores- Beachwalk, Pine Knoll Townes, Bogue Shore Club, Coral Shores, Genesis, Ocean Glen, and Ocean Grove.
There are also some nice condos in Salter Path, but you did say you wanted to be above the Aquarium. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 AM

Sir Walter, thanks. I have the AB ones you listed on my list to consider. I also have Beachwalk and Genesis on my list. Are the other PKS ones you listed below the aquarium? I do not have those on my list.

Are you familiar with the situation with HOA or upcoming assessments at any of these? That is one of my big concerns with a condo purchase.

Several of the developments are out of my price range, I'm sure. I talked with a rental agent yesterday for a really long time, and learned alot. I think we have to be careful as to how much we spend on the condo, if we want it to make sense financially for us. I would say we need to be looking in the $250-300K range. Basically, spend enough to get a nice condo that people would want to rent, but not so much that the rental wear/tear will excessively depreciate a higher value condo.

I need to also figure out the misc. expenses. I was surprised when I actually started to think about those. I also need to figure out what is included in the typical HOA dues. Things like electricity, water, cable, internet,

Old 04-19-2014, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,457 times
I would like to suggest coming down for a visit and touring some of these condos. Places like Dunescape, Island beach & Racquet Club, Smugglers Cove, etc. I can show you many for sale here. I personally live at the Island Beach & Racquet Club year round and the amenities are great. Right now the pricing is great and the market is beginning to really take off. Units are selling fast and we will soon be looking for inventory to match with buyers.
If this is something you have thought seriously about now is the time to act. Once inventory begins to run low price will sky rocket.
I would love to help you anyway I can, so email me at [email]djohnson33406@yahoo.com[/email]. I will get some information to you.

Don

Old 04-19-2014, 05:23 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,832,548 times
What do you mean by "below the Aquarium"? The island runs east-west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina