Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 03:01 PM

638 posts, read 992,870 times

Advertisements

[quote=Vinny536;35605570]I have a pretty deep dislike of walmart, but I have to say the neighborhood market in Cary on route 55 is a very nice store. it was clean, well stocked and had equal offerings to food lion/Kroger. If I were blindfolded and taken into that store I would have never guessed it was a walmart...well, besides their store brand products and signage....

I don't really know what the excitement is all about for Publix. I visited one in Florida on a few business trips and wasn't blown away. I think Harris Teeter, Wegman's or similar stores offer better quality than what I've seen at Publix.[/QUOTE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 03:05 PM

638 posts, read 992,870 times
[quote=Lover of Animals;35678766]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny536 View Post
I have a pretty deep dislike of walmart, but I have to say the neighborhood market in Cary on route 55 is a very nice store. it was clean, well stocked and had equal offerings to food lion/Kroger. If I were blindfolded and taken into that store I would have never guessed it was a walmart...well, besides their store brand products and signage....

I don't really know what the excitement is all about for Publix. I visited one in Florida on a few business trips and wasn't blown away. I think Harris Teeter, Wegman's or similar stores offer better quality than what I've seen at Publix.[/QUOTE
Having lived in Florida for fifteen years and shopping at Publix regularly,I can see what the excitement is all about. Can't wait for it to open!!

Old 07-17-2014, 07:32 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny536 View Post
I have a pretty deep dislike of walmart, but I have to say the neighborhood market in Cary on route 55 is a very nice store. it was clean, well stocked and had equal offerings to food lion/Kroger. If I were blindfolded and taken into that store I would have never guessed it was a walmart...well, besides their store brand products and signage....

I don't really know what the excitement is all about for Publix. I visited one in Florida on a few business trips and wasn't blown away. I think Harris Teeter, Wegman's or similar stores offer better quality than what I've seen at Publix.
Vinny 536!! Wegmans!! Lord how I would LOVE to have a Wegmans! That is one of the big negatives for us moving to Brunswick County in three years (Ocean Ridge Plantation). I will dearly miss my WEGMANS in Mount Laurel - plus we have one 15 minutes away in Cherry Hill, NJ!! I even wrote to Corporate and told them they would make out wonderful with a Wegmans somewhere in Wilmington/Myrtle Area!!!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:02 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,039 times
Harris Teeter very similar to Wegmans.....Live in Charlotte for 20 years where there's a Teeter every half mile and been up in NJ for 8 years and shop at Wegmans. As long as you will have a Teeter you will be A-OK.....

Old 07-22-2014, 11:10 AM

32 posts, read 51,445 times
I would also love to see Wilmington get a Wegman's. It *may* happen sometime in the distant future. My dad works for Wegman's in NY, and he said they were considering their first NC location in the Raleigh area. *Fingers and toes crossed!*

Old 07-23-2014, 12:49 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBR View Post
I would also love to see Wilmington get a Wegman's. It *may* happen sometime in the distant future. My dad works for Wegman's in NY, and he said they were considering their first NC location in the Raleigh area. *Fingers and toes crossed!*
Harris Teeter will do for now, but since your dad works for WEGMANS please beg beg beg!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2014, 01:04 PM

32 posts, read 51,445 times
My dad's a pharmacist for Wegman's, so I'm not sure how much pull he's got. :/ He did say he'd happily volunteer to be Wegman's first NC pharmacist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina