Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 4,839 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am planning a trip to Kure Beach in June 2008 . We usually go to the outer banks but wanted to try something different, am I making the right choice? also my wife hates those palmetto bugs, are there any in that area?
any help would be appreciated. thanks, OHIO DAD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 07:54 AM

15 posts, read 68,096 times
I like Kure Beach and as long as the house is pretty new, (more air-tight) you will probably not see Palmetto bugs. We have a sign on the brigde that they are not allowed on the island, but I find most of them lacking in their reading skills.

I am a realtor in the area, just let me know if I can be of help to you.
Moderator cut: no advertising please
Thanks. Caroline

Last edited by jeannie216; 01-22-2008 at 04:01 PM..

Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,790 times
Hi

Looking to relocate from NJ. Love Ocean, fishing, etc. Considering the Wilmington area of North Carolina.

Looking for medical-field opportunities, security industry jobs, plus, golf courses that cater to caddies and all within a 10 mi. radius of Wilmington.

Please advise. Planning a trip down in April '08. Thanks....

Old 01-22-2008, 07:09 PM

222 posts, read 936,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodad View Post
Hi all, I am planning a trip to Kure Beach in June 2008 . We usually go to the outer banks but wanted to try something different, am I making the right choice? also my wife hates those palmetto bugs, are there any in that area?
IMHO, not a good choice. The beach on Pleasure Island is not one of the prettier ones esp compard to the OBX and the beach is not nearly as wide. You might like Wrightsville Beach better, but expect more crowds in both those areas.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:25 AM

116 posts, read 533,056 times
Good for you OhioDad, it is always fun to mix it up and try new locations. Kure Beach is a very cool beach with a strong focus on family. The center of town has a few restaurants and shops and they have a wonderful pier for fishing or just taking in the ocean sounds and sights.

If you have four wheel drive, there are two areas on Pleasure Island that you can drive on the beach and find your own swimming spots all to yourself. Also, the NC Aquarium is very nice and Fort Fisher should not be missed. From Fort Fisher, you can take the auto ferry over to Southport and spend a few hours enjoying a step back in time wandering through this quaint, beautiful town. From there you can take the highway back to Wilmington (along the way it is worth a stop at Orton Plantation where you may spot an Alligator or two). Good luck with your search and here are some links that might be of help:

Visit Kure Beach, NC
Welcome to Kure Beach, NC
Kure Beach Fishing Pier - Kure Beach, North Carolina
index
Carolina Beach, NC
Pleasure Island - Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, and Fort Fisher.
North Carolina Aquariums
N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation: - Welcome to Fort Fisher State Recreation Area
NCDOT Ferry Division: Ferry Routes - Southport / Fort Fisher (http://www.ncdot.org/transit/ferry/routes/schedule/route008.html - broken link)

PS. A nice clip from the Kure beach pier

YouTube - From the Kure Beach Fishing Pier

Old 01-24-2008, 01:20 PM

60 posts, read 227,442 times
Default We loved it!

We have been there 3 times now and even grabbed some extra family members and spent last Thanksgiving down there. It is very quiet, not a lot to do which is fine with us the kids just love the beach. We always ate at Jack Mackerels in town and it has an awesome arcade which we took the kids to as bonus for eating all of their dinner! Never been to the outerbanks but I did hear they are nice to with probably more to do. We bought kites for our kids and they drag around in our backyard but right at the ocean they fly awesome. I know there are a lot of rentals we stayed at Ocean Dunes they have an indoor pool in case you have a bad weather day. Have fun!!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 4,690 times
Default kure bch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodad View Post
kure is cool.. nice pier; aquaium; fort fisher; two bchs to 4 wheel drive/fish[ freeman park,n.end south end by aquiam ft/fisher]....i recomend stay at seven seas[oceanfront/pool] by june water should bee well into 70.s by then...good local resteraunts... not a big drinking town go to carolina bch for bars and charter boats good luck p. s. i went to haterass from n. va. for 25 years .. i came here and moved here plus wilmington is a cool historic town bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina