Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 08:29 PM

9 posts, read 15,088 times

Advertisements

Thinking about building a home in Ocean Ridge. Does anyone have any experience with Prestige or Carolina Bluewater Construction.

What is a reasonable price per square foot to pay ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 11:10 AM

605 posts, read 1,259,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olneyiceman View Post
Thinking about building a home in Ocean Ridge. Does anyone have any experience with Prestige or Carolina Bluewater Construction.

What is a reasonable price per square foot to pay ?

Thanks
Hello Olneyiceman! We own property in Ocean Ridge Plantation ourselves - building in around 3 years -- and we go to the Brunswick County Parade of Homes show every year where we talk to builders and it seems like building costs for this area run between $165 - $200 sq. ft. I know people who are going to be close to $225/sq. ft.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:51 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
Attending the Brunswick Co. Parade of Homes is a good idea if you can wait til October. The homes are open 2 weekends in a row, last fall both Prestige and Carolina Bluewater had homes open. It is a nice way to see the craftmanship and finishes by various builders.

Brunswick County Parade of Homes

Using a designer/builder who is familiar with the ARB would be helpful, I would ask them how many homes they have built in ORP.

We are currently having our home designed by an OIB design/build firm for our lot in ORP (and my husband is an Architect).

At the Parade last year we met a couple whose home was built by Carolina Bluewater and they were extremely happy with them.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:55 PM

Hi, missnancy and jerseyJ,

Thanks so much for the information. Your idea of going to the parade of homes show is a great one. I had not realized they were being held.

We were thinking of going down again to OR to visit in the fall, so we will coordinate it with the show. We too are looking to build in the next 2-3 years. Maybe will see you down there.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:58 AM

3 posts, read 4,630 times
I never heard of Carolina Bluewater. Saw a Prestige home, it was a little over the top for my taste with the waterfall wall and oversized bar, but everyone has their liking. I really like the quality of Whitney Blair Custom Homes. Have you ever gone to the Parade of Homes in October? You will be able to see the quality of several builders in one weekend, it's great!

Old 08-12-2015, 12:51 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
Carolina Bluewater is a design/build firm just like Prestige and Whitney Blair.

Ocean Isle Beach Home Builders

Their website looks really good!

olneyiceman- you are wise to begin this process so early. The design of your home will take some time, then the plans go to the ARB, it takes some time for the plans to be approved then all the permits etc. The construction can take anywhere from 9 months to a year (depending on numerous factors).

What an exciting time!

Last edited by jerseyj; 08-12-2015 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: wanted to add.....

Old 08-13-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Attending the Brunswick Co. Parade of Homes is a good idea if you can wait til October. The homes are open 2 weekends in a row, last fall both Prestige and Carolina Bluewater had homes open. It is a nice way to see the craftmanship and finishes by various builders.

Brunswick County Parade of Homes

Using a designer/builder who is familiar with the ARB would be helpful, I would ask them how many homes they have built in ORP.

We are currently having our home designed by an OIB design/build firm for our lot in ORP (and my husband is an Architect).

At the Parade last year we met a couple whose home was built by Carolina Bluewater and they were extremely happy with them.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Hi, missnancy and jerseyJ,

Thanks so much for the information. Your idea of going to the parade of homes show is a great one. I had not realized they were being held.

We were thinking of going down again to OR to visit in the fall, so we will coordinate it with the show. We too are looking to build in the next 2-3 years. Maybe will see you down there.
Olneyiceman ! we certainly will see you down there!! Jerseyj, Goldengal977 and I are all friends from Jersey!! Can't wait to get down there!! Hello, Judi and Mary!!

Old 08-20-2015, 08:13 PM

Our lot in OR is in Brookshire, where are all of your lots located. We too can't wait to get down there. I hope to make a decision on the builder by next summer.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Our lot in OR is in Brookshire, where are all of your lots located. We too can't wait to get down there. I hope to make a decision on the builder by next summer.
Our look is on Kirkwall Point - my backyard is the 17th hole (I think) of Leopards Chase - I have a huge pond in the back - which, actually, can be a detriment because if you are on a golf course lot, your set back is different. we are trying to squeeze a small, very small pool as well as my hubby's workshop on that lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina