Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 07:43 PM

116 posts, read 184,009 times

Advertisements

Does anybody either live in this section of town or know somebody who does? We found a home we like but haven't seen any kids in this neighborhood. I have two son's 3rd and 4th grade so we are looking for a neighborhood that has kids. Being new to town and not knowing anybody this is important to me. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 05:02 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,388,130 times
My stepson and his family used to live very close to there. I would think there would be lots of children in that area as the schools are very good.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:38 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,073,751 times
I think Landsdowne Estates is in the Wilmington census tract 120.10. The figures from the 2010 census are presented here: Census Tract, Census Tract 120.10, New Hanover County, North Carolina

I know the data is a bit old, but there were 365 kids age 5-9 in a population of 4840, and 258 kids under 5. The population has a median age of 41, but there are still a lot of kids.

Last edited by goldenage1; 08-28-2015 at 11:00 AM..

Old 08-28-2015, 12:00 PM

3,087 posts, read 4,866,370 times
Nothing wrong with Lansdowne...a bit older neighborhood. My main thought about Lansdowne is to not live on the road between College Rd and Navaho Trail because it is the main cut through for A LOT of neighborhoods.

Older housing, so some older folks, but plenty of young folks as well because lots are big and housing is built fairly well.

Schools are good...you may check to see if it is Hoggard or Ashley High School (if you care) because the dividing line is somewhere around Lansdowne. You will be fine with either Roland Grise Middle or Myrtle Grove Middle no matter where you are on that line.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:18 PM

The schools are Holly Tree elem , Roland Grise Middle and Hoggard. The neighborhood seems nice enough and the house we are looking at is well priced, the size we would like and has a very nice size lot. The homes all appear to be well kept and loved, no falling down shacks or anything like that at all. By all accounts it looks like a nice neighborhood. I haven't seen any kids out and about though. i have driven around at various times and just after school got out yesterday, as well as on the weekends and I have not seen any kids. This is important for our family. We are currently in a neighborhood without any other kids and it isn't good for us or our family. I don't need kids in every house but would like to know there were some around. I think the best neighborhoods are the ones that are mixed....

Old 08-28-2015, 07:25 PM

3,087 posts, read 4,866,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by efipoliRN View Post
The schools are Holly Tree elem , Roland Grise Middle and Hoggard. The neighborhood seems nice enough and the house we are looking at is well priced, the size we would like and has a very nice size lot. The homes all appear to be well kept and loved, no falling down shacks or anything like that at all. By all accounts it looks like a nice neighborhood. I haven't seen any kids out and about though. i have driven around at various times and just after school got out yesterday, as well as on the weekends and I have not seen any kids. This is important for our family. We are currently in a neighborhood without any other kids and it isn't good for us or our family. I don't need kids in every house but would like to know there were some around. I think the best neighborhoods are the ones that are mixed....
Well I know a family that has 3 kids...middle school to high school age...in Lansdowne. There are a TON of kids in nearby Masonboro Forest just across Navaho Trail.

Plenty of kids in the overall area.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:55 PM

Good news there ARE kids in the neighborhood. My realtor got in her car and drove around the area herself this morning and actually met a neighbor on the street who told her there were tons of kids!!! I am happy to hear this : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina