Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 02:48 PM

11 posts, read 14,225 times

Advertisements

Someone told me that I could room with him for half of what I was going to pay to move into an apartment (Belle Meade) on firetower road (which I know is considered safe.)
This guy though, says that he lives over near the intersection of Greenville Blvd, Allen road and Dickinson ave.
I am an 18 year old single female. I will be new to living away from home. Will you please help me out and give me some information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 02:55 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,393,099 times
If I was an 18 year old single female I wouldn't be moving in with a guy anywhere unless I knew him really, really well, and if was far away from my home, I wouldn't do it period.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:58 PM

Well its him, a single female my age who also goes to ECU and they have one room left. I just don't know about the area. But I do see your point as well and am thinking about that as well.

Old 09-10-2015, 04:47 PM

181 posts, read 241,875 times
The area is kind of interesting actually. There's not much going on, lots of trees, and pretty quiet until you go down Gville Blvd a bit. Housing is mainly mid to lower-middle class, and there's a huge tree farm nearby that employs a lot of people. The reason that I say it's interesting is because if you continue down Dickinson about .25 miles from that intersection, there's a fairly new housing development that's full of multi-million dollar mansions, on the level of Rock Springs if you've ever been through there. It's beautiful.

It's a mixed bag out there as that's where things start to get just a bit rural so it gets dark at night, but there's not a whole lot of crime to be terribly worried about.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:26 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,772,806 times
Is it Cobblestone? It's an alright location. Nothing fancy, not run-down, about average with no amenities (pool, clubhouse, etc.).

Old 09-10-2015, 09:10 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,315,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
If I was an 18 year old single female I wouldn't be moving in with a guy anywhere unless I knew him really, really well, and if was far away from my home, I wouldn't do it period.
heh Yeah I would say worrying about the roommate is the paramount consideration!

Old 09-11-2015, 02:36 AM

It's a guy that lives in a house I believe. But this information is very interesting to say the least.
I am more concerned about the roomies now lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: