Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 05:08 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,423,993 times

Advertisements

Just back from my one week "mancation" with 8 golf friends. Stayed in North Myrtle and got out of town just before the shaggers came in to town.

Panthers Run Ocean Ridge: Top tier track that was in great shape. A real challenge but very fair and not "tricked up". Staff was great and pace of play was within reason at 4.75 hours. As I have said before this is in my mind the Premium development in Brunswick County with its private homes and no condos and townhouses. Lots of construction going on and I feel sorry for the "old homes" putting up with a new one being built next door.

Bald Head Island: We do this once every 3 years as the drive, ferry and golf makes this an all day event. This course is the "best of the best". Tour quality conditions. Bring plenty of ammo as I lost 9 balls. We were amazed that the beers were $2.50 on the beverage cart. Staff at the course were all St James folks and as nice as can be. Dinner after at Provisions.

Thistle: Another top tier track with the finest clubhouse I have ever stepped foot in. Played it years ago when there was only a trailer. Nice homes that all look very well built with a HOA that must be very strict basis the type of homes there. This is a keeper that we will visit every other year.

Tidewater (SC): New greens make this number two behind Bald Head. Great layout and staff. This will be in the every other year rotation.

Dye Barefoot (SC): Most expensive of them all and the biggest disappointment. Conditions were great but the staff made it feel like they were doing us a favor by allowing us to play.

Wild Wing (SC): The starter course as it is a lower cost track but a pleasant surprise. Great conditions and staff. The club house looks like a synagogue on Long Island, very strange. A keeper for a three year rotation.

Had a great dinner at Chianti's south and a decent steak at Clark's (SC). Plan on coming down and renting to get a feel for the area once I pack it in at work which could be shortly as they are working on a package for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina