Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 08:14 AM

11 posts, read 38,065 times

Advertisements

Wind and hail insurance went up because of the incompetence of the state of North Carolina to manage their budget which is $4 billion over budget. They are now trying to make this up by raising fees for everything. It is more expensive to live in North Carolina than it is to live in the Northeast where they're hoping people will move down from. Good luck to them.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 08:25 AM

The increase is due to poor management on the part of the state of North Carolina which is now a low budget by 4 billion. They are not trying to collect money by charging additional fees for everything and anything.And they think people are still going to move to North Carolina they must be kidding its capability northeast.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 AM

If you're looking to move to North Carolina, I would strongly recommend you do not. North Carolina is more expensive than the most expensive places in the Northeast. I moved to Ocean Isle Beach two years ago and I am regretting it. Though taxes are somewhat less the utility bills are much higher than they were in New York and you have to run air-conditioning almost constantly. The wind and hail insurance has not just about doubled I was paying 41,300 now paying over $2,000 not on top of the home insurance. I would strongly recommend you stay out of North Carolina.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:31 AM

Typically wind and hail insurance by itself is at least $2000 nowthis is due to the incompetence of the state of North Carolina which is now in deficit of 4 billion dollars and they are charging exorbitant fees for everything stay out of North Carolina.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:32 AM

If you have any information on lower-cost insurance specially wind and hail I would like to know up as mine just went from $1,300 to over $2,000.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:36 AM

Default Moving to North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retirein11 View Post
We are going to settle on a home in Brices Creek in New Bern this week and now our Lender is mandating that we get Wind and Hail Ins. I'm having trouble finding a company that even covers it now. We have been to Progressive, Travelers, Geico, and USAA.
Can anybody recommend a company in the New Bern area that offers coverage???
I would strongly recommend you stay out of North Carolina the insurance will be absolutely no rent is especially wind and hail which for many people as nearly doubled this year. Also typical utility costs are more expensive than there on the northeast which has the highest in the country. North Carolina believe me is no bargain. The state is in deficit of $4 billion Sunday or raising rates on everything.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 AM

I would recommend anyone who is considering moving to North Carolina to reconsider it is more expensive to live in NC then it is to live in the Northeast. The insurance and utility rates outrageously high in North Carolina and you have to run air-conditioning almost constantly. The wind and hail insurance for many people as just about doubled.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:53 AM

214 posts, read 823,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz123 View Post
I just received my renewal for my wind and hail policy, it went up about 40%!
Anyone know why? I have never filed any claims on any home insurance policy.
Wow, where do you live in NC? I thought the Beach Plan idiots had decided to more evenly distribute the increases across the State. If I were you I'd start sending letters to your State Senators and Gov. Purdue, that is what my community did, and as of yet, our wind and hail have not increased. Or let me put it this way, I have not received notice from the HOA board of any increases.
Who is your insurer, do you have the option of seeking a less expensive company?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina