Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 09:17 PM

72 posts, read 91,804 times

Advertisements

LOL. "There is no speed trap if you pay attention." Of course. If we weren't going over the speed limit, we wouldn't have gotten a speeding ticket. Kind of obvious, right? Whoops on us.

This is the link I had found that I thought corresponded with our situation: https://www.speedtrap.org/speedtrap/...mlk-boulevard/. It looks like 53 people voted that, yes, this is a speed trap. One person commented much like you, TRLhiker. It sounds like I misremembered the way the speed was parsed out, and given that I was in the middle of a medical emergency and I don't live there, that's understandable.

So I graciously retract my statement that it was a speed trap. It was just a day when police were parked four wide pulling people over left and right just before a holiday on a road that seems to be heavily traveled by people passing through and my husband was trying to get me to my dentist or to the ER, depending on how the situation played out. But not a speed trap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 10:46 PM

Whoo! Update: Court date was last week. On Friday, we received the notification that the charge had been lowered to Improper Equipment and all fees were paid. No points, no insurance issues. Thanks for the help, most everyone on here! It was absolutely the right decision for us to use a lawyer!

Old 02-27-2017, 05:45 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,123,416 times
I also have to agree that if you're paying attention to your driving there is no speed trap there. The limits are clearly marked. This is what I imagine a true speed trap to look like. This pic was from England, hence the odd looking speed limit sign.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:29 AM

Yes, clearly that is an obvious speed trap! Shady, shady speed trap.

I think we've moved on from that discussion (see three posts up where I say, "okay, not a speed trap"), but thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina