Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 5,156 times

Advertisements

I have land in Greene County, NC. It has been like pulling teeth to get help from the county about what alternative septic system may work on my parcel. It was in the 100 year flood a few years back, but the residents directly next to my property were allowed to return to the area to live. Every time I have someone go and out a do a perk test, the answer is no. There must be something I can do to make the land usable for a residence. I am always asked where I want to build, then they do the test. Can't someone tell me where I can build? I have been working on this for several years. It did perk in the same spot before the flood.

Does anyone out there have ideas of what I can do to speed this up. I feel like I am paying on worthless land - a high price, I might ad.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 05:52 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,248,617 times
Below this is a link to a thorough website on alternative septic systems, which includes chemical treatment of waste, who inspects them, how well they work, and so on. Anytime you buy property for housing, it is wise to make sure you're not in a flood zone, be it within 100-year or 500-year boundaries. I think you could also develop your land into a cash-crop "farm" of flowers, for example, or look into buying part of some adjacent land that will pass septic requirements.

Alternative Septic System Designs for wet sites, steep sites, rocky sites, limited space, and other difficult site conditions & Onsite Wastewater Disposal Designs, Consultants & Products
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina