Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 05:58 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,027,532 times

Advertisements

While this is still considered the Bible Belt and there are folks out there that just have never "heard" of an herbalist or understand it's meaning....we are getting positive recognition.

What an interesting statement. An allusion that we Christians in the south are, shall we say-Not too bright?
The folks of Carteret County (The Crystal Coast) are quite familiar with herbalists and wildcrafters. In fact you may want to visit The 1859 Apothecary Shop in Beaufort and find out more about the gardens in which they derived their ingredients.

The Apothecary Shop, c1859 - Beaufort Historic Site (http://www.beauforthistoricsite.org/historicbuildings/apothecaryshop.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 09:32 PM

27 posts, read 103,423 times
Default Wow...sounds true

It sounds true, true to my quest, my longing, my spirit to venture a la ocean. Please keep in touch (I made a request to befriend you)... and I would happily give you a free treatment when I'm there. I love chinese medicine so much, and can't wait to have my own little practice. I work at a spa now and have clients I travel to as well as some at my home.
Denverites are not so bad really... i just figure if I'm not going to live in California it might as well be NC since that's more friendly, affordable, close to family, etc.
Oh, and YOUR INFORMATION IS SO HELPFUL. You are a real gift to us who need a friendly hand to reach across computer world and let us in on the skinny of where to go, what to do...
I'll definitely keep in touch.
When I can get there...
Soon I hope.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:39 AM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
Glad the info was helpful!

Folks reached out a friendly hand to us when we moved here, figured I'd return the favor.

It's challenging, can be downright overwhelming, moving to or assessing a new area cold. Since we're all in this world together, it's nice to be good neighbors to one another.

Hope to meet you one fine day.

Little Dolphin

Old 02-26-2009, 02:08 AM

195 posts, read 668,730 times
having lived in Morhead, I can tell you that it is not in anyway what you are looking for. Low education level, poor job market, and tons of Marines. Wilmington will suit all of your needs and is a much more progressive city with a lot more to offer.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:15 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
Well, bless your heart Mr. Conroy, sounds as though you didn't enjoy your stay in Morehead. That's sad. How long ago did you live here?

We've been in the area 5 years now, we've seen many changes since we arrived. A huge new Harris Teeter just opened in Morehead and you know what kind of demographics they pursue--pretty upscale, right? Morehead's got a bunch of new eateries and pubs now. Traditionalists can still go to the venerable Sanitary, while others opt for nouvelle cuisine--including sushi.

Something for everyone is what makes the Crystal Coast fun.

What makes it wonderful here is that shrimp fishermen co-exist peacefully with yoga people. Hope you have a chance to come back to visit!

Little Dolphin
Village Scribe

Old 03-01-2009, 05:39 PM

195 posts, read 668,730 times
I lived there for only a year before moving back to Wilmington and commuted for the next 3 years. I was just there last week to clean out my storage unit, and did notice that they have built up hwy 70 a great deal. I hope it attracks more and more people there. I believe the best thing that could happen to MHC is if NC decided to put a public university there. It would give the residents many more options, at the same time boost the economy. The place has all the makings for something great, I'm sure for a lot of you, it already is. I guess it's all in what you want to do.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,027,532 times
I believe the best thing that could happen to MHC is if NC decided to put a public university there
We already have NC State, UNC and Dook (Sorry-Duke). And of course-Not to be outdone- Carteret Community College!

Morehead City and the Crystal Coast is not Wilmington and it is not OBX. If either of the latter are someone's cup of tea-Then consider us coffee.
Bill

Old 08-31-2010, 06:45 PM

5 posts, read 19,862 times
I am also giving consideration to relocating to one of the areas mentioned in this forum. I was seeking similar information about alternative health modalities and organic food resources. I currently live in Asheville, NC, which is considered a healing mecca, yet it is also over-run by natural healers, massage therapist and cosmetologist/estheticians, of which I am the latter. I am seeking a peaceful community, near the water, that offers outdoor activities (walking on the beach, sea kayaking, hiking, etc.), yet also provides a livable income for someone in my industry. So, does anyone have knowledge of the day spa industry in your communities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina