Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2008, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,838 times

Advertisements

Today is the last day of my three day visit to the Wilmington area to check out communities to relocate to. My wife and I saw a bunch and to be honest our heads are spinning. We will probably return in a month to continue our research. That said, what communities should we avoid? By that I mean which communities have reputations for shoddy workmanship, use shady real estate practices, and are not economically viable projects. We spent most of our time on the Brunswick side of Wilmington.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 06:20 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
oh man, I wish I could recommend anything with new construction. new construction homes are really bad. I am sure some of the higher priced ones use better builders. do a search on different builders. I would avoid pretty much any community south of leland. it's just too much in the middle of nowhere until you get all the way to myrtle beach. I am pretty sure you can get a good deal on a place because there is an abundance of inventory. as much as most of the agents will tell you otherwise.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:47 AM

698 posts, read 3,268,057 times
I would really look closely at moving to Brunswick County.Even though the taxes are supposedly cheaper,you have to cross the bridge into Wilmington to get to everything and the traffic can be horrible.The prices of nice homes also seem to be higher in that area.You might want to look on the northern side of Wilmington close to 40,Ogden and Porters neck area or in the Monkey Junction area close to Carolina Beach before you make a final decision.Another place worth looking into is Hampstead.Even though you have to still come back to Wilmington for anything significant from Hampstead,the traffic is not as bad from that direction and the schools are better.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:21 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
agree with florida. I find pender county to be much nicer than brunswick county. there is just something about brunswick county that makes me feel so in the middle of nowhere. once you get passed leland, you really are in the middle of nowhere!

Old 04-06-2008, 04:22 PM

3 posts, read 6,594 times
Morehead City is an up and coming location. I lived in Pender and loved it but will be over developed soon. also worked in Brunswick Cty. as a teacher.
Good luck!
Shirley

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-07-2008 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: tos compliance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina