Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2019, 06:38 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times

Advertisements

While looking for lower-priced homes in Brunswick County for some posters, I saw these two developments in Bolivia. They seem to offer well-built homes and nice amenities, but their prices have not appreciated since they were built in the 2003-2007 range. Is anything seriously wrong with either of these developments? Flooding, for example?

I see that they do not offer the full range of amenities that St James and Winding River offer, and they are about 8 miles to a grocery and further from Wilmington. Still, they are close to the Dinah Gore Aquatic facility for an indoor pool and workout equipment.

However, RiverSea has some very attractive, all-brick homes about 2100 square feet for under $325,000. The landscaping is nicely matured. The community has a huge number of unsold lots. Palmetto Creek has similarly attractive older homes, but it has begun to attract new development up to $400K.

Are they worth recommending to people looking to retire in Brunswick County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 10:47 AM

300 posts, read 474,421 times
I live nearby in Winding River Plantation and my observations are as follows. RiverSeas seems to have two distinct housing areas, one section inside the gates and a cluster of small brick homes outside the gates. I have been in both areas and there are a lot empty lots inside the gated area, and it has some very nice large homes. I went through two homes during the Parade of Homes two years ago. It seemed like a nice area, but not many houses. A billboard just went up on Rt 211 with a realtor or builder advertising lots and homes for sale in RiverSea. I would have to drive past it again to see what is on the billboard. An out parcel of land at Riversea along 211 has been sold and a home builder has signs up to build homes on the land. I think the original developer had hope to build a retail on it. The developer at RiverSea has sold all the property so the homeowners are in charge. There website is:

River Sea Plantation - Home Page

There was an article in the Star News that condos are planned to built across the Rt 211 from one of the entrances to RiverSea. The project has been postponed for years due to the housing market collapse. You can do an internet search for this article.

Palmetto is being developed by Compass Point. It has patio homes that are connected to each other and single homes. A resident of Palmetto has told me that they held their holiday party off site due to the fact their clubhouse is too small for the event. Palmetto seems to be a nice area, but a portion of Palmetto had homes flooded due to Florence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina