Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 04:56 AM

17 posts, read 16,459 times

Advertisements

The wife and I were out and about looking for homes in the North Myrtle Beach area. We stumbled on Sea Trails in Sunset Beach,NC and fell in love with the neighborhood .... Seems like a spectacular area, just far enough away, yet close enough from the Grand Strand and all the restaurants etc... Any positive or Negative information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2021, 07:31 AM

1,531 posts, read 2,420,847 times
Sea Trail is a nice but slightly aged development. Not as upscale as Ocean Ridge but closer to the beach. The condos have a number of weekly seasonal rentals that bring a new mix of residents every Saturday. The three courses have had their ups and downs, mostly downs. Can’t seem to decide if they have the patience to go top end and put the money into them or shoot them out as cheapie tracks and get volume play. Residents are nice and there is a real sense of community. A real mix of housing that covers all bases whether that is good or bad is up to you.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Sea Trail is a nice but slightly aged development. Not as upscale as Ocean Ridge but closer to the beach. The condos have a number of weekly seasonal rentals that bring a new mix of residents every Saturday. The three courses have had their ups and downs, mostly downs. Can’t seem to decide if they have the patience to go top end and put the money into them or shoot them out as cheapie tracks and get volume play. Residents are nice and there is a real sense of community. A real mix of housing that covers all bases whether that is good or bad is up to you.
I think that sums it up well.. Thank you.... The house we are going to purchase is in a wonderful location... we are fine with the condo rentals, we will not be near that location anyway... We will be on the golf course but with so many courses available to play in a 20sq mile radius, just the view will be fine... We really like the nice community vibe.... we also looked at Ocean ridge plantation and felt that for one, there weren't many homes for sale in treed lots.. mostly open.. and we didnt feel as welcoming an atmosphere there...

Old 03-08-2021, 09:09 AM

300 posts, read 476,142 times
[quote=Dumberthanasmartphone;60557312]I think that sums it up well.. Thank you.... The house we are going to purchase is in a wonderful location... we are fine with the condo rentals, we will not be near that location anyway... We will be on the golf course but with so many courses available to play in a 20sq mile radius, just the view will be fine... We really like the nice community vibe.... we also looked at Ocean ridge plantation and felt that for one, there weren't many homes for sale in treed lots.. mostly open.. and we didnt feel as welcoming an atmosphere there...[/quote

FYI, it can be very interesting living on the golf course that is open to the public. A few things to be aware of: it is better to on the side of the course that doesn't have the cart path; depending on your location on the fairway, you might have golf balls hitting your house or windows; you will probably see a lot of "duffers" who will miss the fairway and end up walking around your yard looking for their ball LOL.

Old 03-08-2021, 10:02 AM

[quote=Mr. Purple 2;60557708]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumberthanasmartphone View Post
I think that sums it up well.. Thank you.... The house we are going to purchase is in a wonderful location... we are fine with the condo rentals, we will not be near that location anyway... We will be on the golf course but with so many courses available to play in a 20sq mile radius, just the view will be fine... We really like the nice community vibe.... we also looked at Ocean ridge plantation and felt that for one, there weren't many homes for sale in treed lots.. mostly open.. and we didnt feel as welcoming an atmosphere there...[/quote

FYI, it can be very interesting living on the golf course that is open to the public. A few things to be aware of: it is better to on the side of the course that doesn't have the cart path; depending on your location on the fairway, you might have golf balls hitting your house or windows; you will probably see a lot of "duffers" who will miss the fairway and end up walking around your yard looking for their ball LOL.
That is a fact !! We passed on a house because while we were looking in the yard, we were ducking from stray balls... a quick view of the damage on side of the house told us to run... LOL

Old 11-29-2022, 01:32 PM

35 posts, read 46,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumberthanasmartphone View Post
The wife and I were out and about looking for homes in the North Myrtle Beach area. We stumbled on Sea Trails in Sunset Beach,NC and fell in love with the neighborhood .... Seems like a spectacular area, just far enough away, yet close enough from the Grand Strand and all the restaurants etc... Any positive or Negative information would be greatly appreciated.
Did you end up buying in Sea Trail? We are in same boat now. not a lot of homes available tho with the crazy price run up. We are selling high so guess it's relative.
I see no golf carts are allowed in ORP but they OK in Sea Trail as far as I can see. Would be nice to hop in cart to go to pool, etc.
Thanks for any info.

Old 11-30-2022, 07:56 AM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgyver View Post
Did you end up buying in Sea Trail? We are in same boat now. not a lot of homes available tho with the crazy price run up. We are selling high so guess it's relative.
I see no golf carts are allowed in ORP but they OK in Sea Trail as far as I can see. Would be nice to hop in cart to go to pool, etc.
Thanks for any info.
Dumberthanasmartphone last posted 3/28/22. He said he bought in Sea Trail in 2021 and has "never looked back".
Good luck with your search!

Old 12-09-2022, 07:07 PM

249 posts, read 515,187 times
My Buddy bought in Sea Trail back in 2019 and simply loves it. I've been to his house a bunch of times and it's a really nice neighborhood. I think you'll be happy there.

Old 12-12-2022, 05:35 AM

35 posts, read 46,760 times
Thank you for the info. The wife is loving ORP but the amenity center fiasco is making me nervous, hard to tell what will happen with HOA rates. I am leaning towards Sea Trail. Like everything I see and it looks like golf carts are OK there where ORP doesn't allow them on the roads. So much easier hopping in and going to pool or pickleball instead of driving a car.

Old 12-12-2022, 01:45 PM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
I read that Sea Trail has a private parking area at Sunset Beach. That's not as good as a beach clubhouse, but it is a plus. The positive community feel in Sea Trail would also make me lean toward it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: