Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 12:42 PM

61 posts, read 224,989 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Could anyone tell me if there are any health food stores in the Oriental area? How far would one have to drive to get to one?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 03:30 PM

713 posts, read 3,929,917 times
Smile Coastal Community Market in Beaufort perhaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailtoo View Post
Hello,

Could anyone tell me if there are any health food stores in the Oriental area? How far would one have to drive to get to one?

Thanks
There might be something in New Bern, but I do know that you will find a very nice health food store if you trek on down to Beaufort and visit Coastal Community Market.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:32 PM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
I did a Google search for you and the two closest health food stores seem to be in New Bern. (Nature Basket and Sunnyside Health Foods).

According to Mapquest, one is 30 miles away and the other is 32 miles away from Oriental (I used The Bean Coffee Shop on Hodges in Oriental as the starting point in Oriental). Driving time is 44-48 minutes.

Folks who live in Oriental might know of something closer but that's what I found out via internet search...

Hope this helps. There is starting to be a bit of a buy local movement here so you might be able to locate organic produce and eggs and such closer than New Bern...

Little Dolphin

Old 05-12-2008, 03:48 PM

Default thanks

Thank you for your replies and for the information. Those distances are do-able, but hopefully someone who lives in Oriental will know of something closer??

Old 05-17-2008, 09:01 AM

917 posts, read 2,299,484 times
Smile Health Food stores in Oriental

Yes there is a Health Food store, it's called The Hungry Dragon and it's right in the middle of town. Also every other Sat. they have an open air market selling home grown produce etc...

Old 05-17-2008, 09:24 AM

Default thanks

thank you! That's really good news.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:24 AM

6 posts, read 24,365 times
I was happy to find some one looking for a health food store I too live in cape carteret, n.c I,m trying to find a place that carries tofo shirataki noodles made by House Foods I have been EVERY where with my empty bag begging for now I,m getting them on line not cheap, or I vist my sister in M.D they have them every where, these noodles are to die for they are just like pasta only no calories hungry girl on line turned me on to them and weight watchers so good !!! I have lost 161 pds and the noodle really helped the spaghetti is my favorite a whole bag is only 40 cals hope some one can help if not I,m go the road again., snooksandtiffy

Old 07-18-2008, 08:29 AM

Default health food stores

I was happy to find some one looking for a health food store I too live in cape carteret, n.c I,m trying to find a place that carries tofo shirataki noodles made by House Foods I have been EVERY where with my empty bag begging for now I,m getting them on line not cheap, or I vist my sister in M.D they have them every where, these noodles are to die for they are just like pasta only no calories hungry girl on line turned me on to them and weight watchers so good !!! I have lost 161 pds and the noodle really helped the spaghetti is my favorite a whole bag is only 40 cals hope some one can help if not I,m on the road again., snooksandtiffy

Old 07-18-2008, 08:33 AM

hope you got my reply [EMAIL="snooksandtiffy@yahoo.com"]snooksandtiffy@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] I also live in cape carteret, we should open a Health food store, can you help me find one

Old 07-18-2008, 08:57 AM

hope you got my reply [EMAIL="snooksandtiffy@yahoo.com"]snooksandtiffy@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] I also live in cape carteret, we should open a Health food store, can you help me find one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina