Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 07:56 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times

Advertisements

Finally, the Wife and I seem to agree on where to start our journey. Our intention is to rent while we hunt for our final home in retirement, and she stumbled upon Hawthorne at Pine Forest, looks perfect. Anyone have opinions on the area, or the complex itself ?. Much appreciate any feedback, we will likely make a trip down sometime early Spring and trying to compile a list of options, like I previously stated, found something that appeals to both of us.....not easy to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2022, 09:03 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
.....Our intention is to rent while we hunt for our final home in retirement, and she stumbled upon Hawthorne at Pine Forest, looks perfect. Anyone have opinions on the area, or the complex itself ?....
Well, it is so new that there is no aerial photgraph in Google maps. But the reviews sound good. Two people moved there sight-unseen. Despite the Oak Island address, it is on 211 across from St James.

Old 01-09-2022, 11:17 AM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
I don't know much about it specifically, but its very new and the location is fine. Near the intersection of Hwy. 211 and Middleton Road. Less than 5 minutes to the beach, very close to the new Lowe's Foods shopping Center. I'm sure its like any other apartment complex; your quality of life will largely depend on the quality of your neighbors above, below and next to you. At this point in my life, I have zero interest in being in that situation, even temporarily.

Old 01-09-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
At this point in my life, I have zero interest in being in that situation, even temporarily.
We gotta start somewhere....it will be short lived.

Old 01-09-2022, 01:14 PM

Beer Belly - Are you still looking for a place where you can keep a boat (or camera) on your lot?

Old 01-09-2022, 03:07 PM

8,754 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Quote:
We gotta start somewhere....it will be short lived.
Beer Belly, Winding River Plantation has several rentals for condos. They are very nice. We lived there for six months, you also have access to the beach house. Just google Winding River Plantation rentals.

Old 01-10-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Beer Belly, Winding River Plantation has several rentals for condos. They are very nice. We lived there for six months, you also have access to the beach house. Just google Winding River Plantation rentals.
Thank you. Do I need a realtor, or is there a contact to get a list of available rentals ?. I also understand they have a storage area for boats / RV's, will they offer storage to renters ?

Old 01-10-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Beer Belly - Are you still looking for a place where you can keep a boat (or camera) on your lot?
Wife and I are discussing towing the camper south, or sell here, buy new once we settle in NC. Also, do we want to store it on my brothers or nephews property ?, I don't want to inconvience them. This camper is bought and paid for, and I don't think it would be a great idea to sink probably 100k into another set up at this stage in life. I honestly think the Wife wants the camper gone, and we cruise instead.....I like having options

Old 01-10-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Wife and I are discussing towing the camper south, or sell here, buy new once we settle in NC. Also, do we want to store it on my brothers or nephews property ?.......
Regarding the camper, I thought this house might work for you, as it has three garage spaces. (Unless the camper is super-tall.) It is not ain an HOA neighborhood.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M56798-97072

Also regarding Winding River, their web site has a section of short-term rentals, mostly furnished. But that brings up another question of whether you want to move your furniture once or twice. That web site is here:

https://www.windingriverplantation.c...=23496&search=

Last edited by goldenage1; 01-10-2022 at 10:30 AM..

Old 01-10-2022, 10:19 AM

8,754 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Quote:
Thank you. Do I need a realtor, or is there a contact to get a list of available rentals ?. I also understand they have a storage area for boats / RV's, will they offer storage to renters ?
I see Goldenage has posted the site for Winding River rentals. You can rent directly from the owner, and they will send you pics.
Yes, they do offer boat/RV storage....don`t know about renters though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina