Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 09:19 AM

61 posts, read 58,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
people are acting like this is supposed to bring you downtown to shop - I was under the impression it's supposed to help entice businesses down to the area.
Aren't those complimentary goals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 03:42 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
Well somebody believes in west end downtown. There's a new gift shop open in a former Hookah bar on Dickinson in front of Tony's Garage. Not a lot of foot traffic down there, going to be a real challenge to stay afloat.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:00 AM

145 posts, read 266,735 times
Hi guys. I have been reading this forum for a while and just now decided to start posting. Anyone know of any new vidant medical center projects in the works? I don't know about y'all but I think the front of the hospital is very outdated compared to the new buildings.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:23 PM

638 posts, read 1,595,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
Hi guys. I have been reading this forum for a while and just now decided to start posting. Anyone know of any new vidant medical center projects in the works? I don't know about y'all but I think the front of the hospital is very outdated compared to the new buildings.
Worse yet are the dismal, dark, cramped rooms in the original building compared to the rooms in the Heart/Orthepedic Bldg (which are sunny and bright and large with hardwood floors). I just hope if I ever have to go in, it's in the Heart Bldg.

I'd much rather have a bright sunny room than exterior re-modeling.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:53 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,104,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryjane55us View Post
Worse yet are the dismal, dark, cramped rooms in the original building compared to the rooms in the Heart/Orthepedic Bldg (which are sunny and bright and large with hardwood floors). I just hope if I ever have to go in, it's in the Heart Bldg.
Not all of the rooms in the East Carolina Heart Institute are sunny, bright and large with hardwood floors. I had opportunity to spend the night there and I was basically in a windowless ward with separators between the patients. There was apparently also an automatic door on the floor above me that opened and closed with a loud bang all night long. I got no sleep that night. And the floors were tile. It was the pre-op and recovery care ward for cath lab patients.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Not all of the rooms in the East Carolina Heart Institute are sunny, bright and large with hardwood floors. I had opportunity to spend the night there and I was basically in a windowless ward with separators between the patients. There was apparently also an automatic door on the floor above me that opened and closed with a loud bang all night long. I got no sleep that night. And the floors were tile. It was the pre-op and recovery care ward for cath lab patients.
Well all of the actual beds in ECHI are one patient, with hardwood floors. But of course the 1st/2nd floor (what it sounds like), isn't like that. You should've told someone to move you, if that sound kept you up.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
people are acting like this is supposed to bring you downtown to shop - I was under the impression it's supposed to help entice businesses down to the area.
Its to bring businesses there. If you have a business, that doesn't need foot traffic to survive relocate down there, then businesses that need foot traffic will relocate. Which will bring in more of both.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryjane55us View Post

I'd much rather have a bright sunny room than exterior re-modeling.
Yeah, I think their next project should be updating the main part of the hospital. Its a little better in some of the rooms then it was but its all just really weird shaped rooms and stuff. It would make the whole hospital look so much better if the main entrance matched the new buildings.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Its to bring businesses there. If you have a business, that doesn't need foot traffic to survive relocate down there, then businesses that need foot traffic will relocate. Which will bring in more of both.
Too bad they couldn't do something like Durham did with their warehouse district where they made all the tobacco warehouses into different restaurants and shops. That would help the downtown a lot! I really hate that the old imperial warehouse burned down because it could have been used for this purpose. I don't really know of any other warehouses left that haven't been torn down. Its such a waste of history.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 AM

21 posts, read 32,594 times
Heard that a Muscle Maker Grill is coming to the medical district
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina