Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:47 AM

291 posts, read 869,908 times

Advertisements

I would think (but don't know) that the minimum square footage in Eagles Watch would be around the same as Summerhouse - I would come down here and look around first....try making a left turn out of Eagles Watch onto Hwy. 17...pretty hairy and scary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 06:26 PM

21 posts, read 86,199 times
We actually went to Eagles Watch yesterday (spent the weekend at Surf City), I actually saw a couple of new homes being built that looked in the 1800 to 2000 range. We also checked out Belvedere and Dogwood Lakes. We go to that area at least once a month, so we're always checking out the communities.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:54 AM

291 posts, read 869,908 times
Glad you are coming down and checking things out periodically - that's the best way to do this! Good luck with your search and hope you find your perfect spot!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 PM

18 posts, read 99,795 times
The official sq. footage minimum in Eagles watch actually varies depending on which section you live in. Interior lots near the front of the community have a minimum of 1,800 sq.ft. and the ones closer to the water have a minimum of 2,400 sq. ft. As I'm sure you noticed when you drove through the views of the water are fantastic and it's truly a very beautiful development. Not a whole lot of density established in the community yet though which could be viewed as a positive or negative.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:23 PM

21 posts, read 86,199 times
Thanks for the info on Eagles Watch. Thats my wifes favorite. I personally like Summerhouse because its so close to Surf City (where I grew up going to the beach at). The real estate guy said he would keep me informed should anything change on the requirements, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,449 times
I work for the Sheriff's Department in Onslow which is the County in which Summerhouse is located at. We foreclose on at least 4 to 5 properties a month at Summerhouse some months its even higher than that. Very few can afford the lots. Some devleopers came to onslow county to develop sub-divisions near the coast with the thought that they could develop high end homes there. Boy were they wrong. Some sub-divisions in the county have been outright abandoned even though all the infrastructure is intact.

If a Sub-division such as Summerhouse wants to suceed in the area the first thing they are going to need to do is build homes that the citizens can afford (mainly military) and lower the square footage requirements so the lots will appeal to retirement age folk.

Last edited by knows; 11-23-2009 at 12:57 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-28-2009, 07:27 PM

6 posts, read 29,079 times
Default Good Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowill View Post
Anyone know the minimum requirements on sq. footage to build a house there? I've seen one lot for sale there that listed 2400 minimum, but I don't know if thats for that specific lot or the whole area. If it is 2400 for the whole community, thats crazy. I do know the HOA fees are like 1800/yr., which I could deal with if I could get the right price on a lot. But a 2400 sq. ft. house is a bit much for a 3 person family. We're going to be moving to the area soon, and this is one of the communities we're interested in.
Hi-
We are getting ready to list our lot, we are just trying to get what we paid since we have to move next year (military) which we were not expecting. If you are interested email me at breeziemu@aol.com and I will let you know all specifics, fantastic price.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:40 PM

6 posts, read 29,079 times
I just wanted to say something...2400sqft isnt really that big. So many people are agast at that much sq ft, but really it isnt that big. Most townhomes are around 1800sq ft. Our home right now in Sneads Ferry is 2400sq ft and there are 3 of us and our dog and it is barely enough room. We have 3bedrooms and a frog, a dining room, eat in kitchen and living room, and a 1.5car garage. We use the frog for our office , 1 guest bedroom, the master and the baby's room. That leaves only the living room that everyone piles into when you have people over and a small eat in kitchen. It may sound like a bunch of room, but really once you are in it, it isnt. Now some of the homes they showcase are way bigger than 2400sq ft, and some of the ones they have at 2400sqft look huge but remember most are on "stilts" and the house starts at the second floor. Unfort, we have to sell our lot at cost because the military is sending us on one more stent and we wont be back for 5yrs, but we go to summerhouse weekly on the weekend and rollerblade, walk the dog and run and play with our baby/toddler, since the community is so large.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:01 AM

160 posts, read 789,730 times
It's highly doubtful that you will get "cost" out of your Summerhouse lot if you sell it. The going rate for lots is about $20,000 unless it's on the waterway or the big lake in the middle of the subdivision. Of the 1200+ homes sites in there, over 200 have already been foreclosed on and the banks finally found buyers for the foreclosures at $20K. There are dozens listed for sale at or near that price.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 6,289 times
Default SummerHouse

Fred,
Hello, Was wondering if you had any info or input on your property in SummerHouse. We are looking to purchase some property in SummerHouse on the water soon. It would be great to actually speak to someone and get their insight.
Thanks,
Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Burns View Post
I own a lot in Summer house, The docks are in the club house and pool are under construction. The pool is like no other I have ever seen this is going to be the best property on the NC coast by the end of next year. One house compleate 2 more under construction 730 lots sold. Home Owners meeting last week 1.8 million in reserve now. Boat ramp done, I fished around the ramp red deum and flounder are in now blue crabs also from the docks I could see dolphin in the Icw about 200ft. from the boat docks. Hope this helps out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina