Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2009, 04:11 PM

7 posts, read 28,683 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody!! I'm in my 20s and I'm relocating to Wilmington NC for a job. I don't have any kids. I'm trying to buy a house. I was told that the cost of living in Leland NC is cheaper than Wilmington. Can someone tell me the good neighborhoods in Leland NC? My price range is between 130k to 160k. I heard windsor park is a good neighborhood. Can you tell me about the other neighborhoods in my price range? ..like Eastbrook? I also heard that there is a townhouse...Lincoln Place that is pretty affordable. Do you guys have any recommendations around my price range? I'm also worried about hurricanes and flooding. DO you have any suggestions on where I can buy a house around that price range? I prefer to not live in a condo or a townhouse but if I have to, I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it. Thanks!
Ps. I already have a real estate agent but I want to hear some suggestions/comments from the people who actually live in those neighborhood. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 07:59 PM

160 posts, read 789,974 times
Windsor Park is probably your best bet if you really want a (new) house in the 130-160k range. If you could settle for a townhouse, you can get an all brick townhome in Westport which is WAY nicer than Windsor Park for around 130-135k. Regardless, Leland is definately cheaper than Wilmington and don't worry about flooding. If the home is located in a flood zone it'll be built on 8ft pilings. No pilings, no flood zone.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 5,482 times
For detached homes, try The Willows (off Village Rd.), The Arbors (Rt. 17 near Walmart shpg ctr). and Mallory Creek (Rt. 133 S). We have some really nice town homes (all brick exterior) in Westport near your price range. There are many places to look in Leland.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:50 PM

214 posts, read 822,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsofquestion View Post
Hi everybody!! I'm in my 20s and I'm relocating to Wilmington NC for a job. I don't have any kids. I'm trying to buy a house. I was told that the cost of living in Leland NC is cheaper than Wilmington. Can someone tell me the good neighborhoods in Leland NC? My price range is between 130k to 160k. I heard windsor park is a good neighborhood. Can you tell me about the other neighborhoods in my price range? ..like Eastbrook? I also heard that there is a townhouse...Lincoln Place that is pretty affordable. Do you guys have any recommendations around my price range? I'm also worried about hurricanes and flooding. DO you have any suggestions on where I can buy a house around that price range? I prefer to not live in a condo or a townhouse but if I have to, I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it. Thanks!
Ps. I already have a real estate agent but I want to hear some suggestions/comments from the people who actually live in those neighborhood. Thanks!
Wow, tough question. Since you already have a RE, have you explored these areas yourself? Don't be too concerned about flooding and hurricanes, it really is a bunch of hype. Where are you coming from, maybe that will help us to help you.
PS. If you are going to be working in Wilmington, proper, and I mean the city limits, best take into consideration crossing the Bridge everyday, it can be a nightmare. Why not look into something in Wilmington?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,429 times
Default New Arrival ???????

I am thinking of moving to the coastal area, here are some details about me, I would appreciate any help given.
I am a very young retired 63 yr old male, single, no pets,and an outdoors person. I do free lance writing part-time, otherwise live off my pension. I would like to find a place to rent where I can see the ocean, perhaps even on it. I would like 1 or 2 bedrooms, nothing fancy, but, comfy for me and perhaps a lady friend later on....lol.
Could you suggest some areas or beach ares for me to check out , please ? I'll mention you in my next book. Thanks for your help.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:30 AM

4 posts, read 10,324 times
Please help! My husband and I are moving from Massachussetts to NC or SC. We are looking for a house to rent. My son and my collie dog are moving with us. We need 3 bedrooms and a yard (perferrably fenced in, but not neccessary) or 2 bedrooms with a family room or den. We can pay up to 800.00 a month for rent. We have looked on line at houses and it seems to us that NC is a little more affordable the SC. Problem is, we don't know any of the areas, and what areas are good and what ones are bad. There was alot of affordable homes in Kannapolis, but are not sure if that's because it is a bad area or not? Can anyone help us? We are hoping to move there by April or May, but will be willing to move sooner if we can find the right place. We are quiet people, and just want a place to live out the rest of our lives in peace. We are leaving Massachussetts because of the high prices of rent and because of the high rate of crime here. We are 59 and 51 yrs. old and our son is 30. Our son is going with us because he can't afford it here either. Our dog is a year and a half old collie, who is totally housebroken and an indoor dog. He is very loving and a quiet dog. If anyone can tell us about some of the better affordable areas to live in, we would greatly appreciate it. Or if anyone has or knows of someone who can rent us a home, please let me know. My email addy is: frinitetina@aol.com Just put HOUSING in the subject line, so I don't delete it. Normally, I wouldn't put my email on here, but I found this forum by accident and not sure I can find my way back to it. But I am gonna add it to my favorites and hopefully I will be able to come back here to see any replies. Thank you and Have a good day!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsofquestion View Post

The townhouses in Lincoln place are really nice, and the prices are 99,900. They're three bedroom and two baths. I looked at one before and loved it but changed my mind because there wasnt a lot of yard space and at the time i had a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina