Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2007, 11:21 PM

3 posts, read 16,006 times

Advertisements

Hi, planning a vacation to EI next year, but I want to avoid sprink break, and high season. What would be a good time frame to visit? I'm thinking the 1st week of April, but my friend wants to go the middle?

I know Easter is early next year, so not sure how that affects the area. I am renting a cottage at the beach, and just want it to be as laid back as possible.(read NO KIDS)

Also, what is technically "season" for the NC beaches.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 11:56 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
The summer season usually starts around mid to late May. If you're wanting to do outdoorsy things, especially anything involving getting wet, I wouldn't go in April. It can be chilly sometimes in April and rainy.

You should be "safe" from tourists if you go in early to mid May. A lot of people don't go to the beach until their kids are out of school. We used to go in May until our kids started school. Now we have to wait 'til June. I really liked going in May. The temperatures are usually pretty nice (70s) and the humidity isn't high yet.

September would also be a good month to go. Just keep an eye on the hurricane forecast.

Have fun!

Old 05-20-2007, 05:48 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,027,532 times
To avoid the crowds then avoid the 4th of July week. That is the single biggest week of the year for the Crystal Coast area tourism.
If you can avoid Saturday and Sunday any time during the peak season-Then you'll be very surprised how desolate things can be-Especially when it comes to the beach itself. People tend to huddle around the beach accesses-But go a short distance and you've got miles-literally miles of no one.
Here is a link to all of the beach accesses in Emerald Isle: http://www.nccoastalnews.com/forum/showthread.php?p=739#post739 (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina