Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 PM

96 posts, read 434,116 times

Advertisements

My husband and I sold our home on Long Island and are renting a place on the ocean in N. Topsail beach while looking for a home. We found a new gated community (MIMOSA BAY) in Sneads Ferry, that is heavily wooded and has a great boat ramp and day dock and the Community Center is finished with gym, tennis, and basketball courts. The pool is not yet in. More than half the lots are sold but there are less than ten homes built and this concerns us. Has anyone heard anything about this community? We love the look of this community however we are concerned that they may not stay solvent like so many other communities. We also are concerned that we cant get in there on our budget as they have pretty strict rules as to what can be built.
Does anyone know of any similar communities?
We are looking for a community with a deep water boat ramp with ICW access, wooded half acre plus lots, new or less than 10 years old, that is on the mainland but close to the beach? We are not locked in to this area, it is fairly remote and is a 50 mile round trip to the closest walmart or any major store for that mater. We would like to spend less than 300k. We found one nice home in Swansboro but their boat ramp was steep and looked more like a kayak launch than deep water access. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 PM

160 posts, read 790,517 times
If you buy a lot and build a home in the 2000-2500 square feet range you can stay under your $300,000 budget in Mimosa Bay. There are lots in there for as little as $60,000 although that's no great bargain in this real estate market. DO NOT deal directly with any onsite agent in this or any other subdivision though. Hire a buyer's agent so that you can get unbiased representation and a chance to get a deal on a foreclosure lot. (I'm not an agent by the way) There are lots of foreclosures in the newer water access communities all up and down the coast of rural NC. The HOA in Mimosa Bay is probably shakey but I doubt it will fail completely. However any incompleted amenities will probably remain incomplete for years and likely won't get built unless the HOA funds it. I'd suggest buying in Hampstead or Brunswick County just because there are more urban amenities available (shopping, ect) but that's just my personal opinion.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM

148 posts, read 611,678 times
Just message me an email address and I can email you exactlty what you want from two coastal MLS's...and help you in your endeavor....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina