Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,448 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to New Bern for his new job. I have applied to Craven County Schools, Jones County Schools, and Pamlico County Schools. Does anyone know anything about any of these school systems (good or bad) that would be beneficial? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 01:54 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,902,251 times
Administrator? Teacher? If teacher what grade level?

Old 03-23-2010, 08:18 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,736,747 times
Here is a link to test scores (ABC stuff) in each district and at each school within the district.

ABCs

And here is a link for "Report Cards" on both Schools and Districts
http://www.ncreportcards.org/src/

Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 AM

10 posts, read 42,001 times
The Craven County School system is in need of teachers despite recent budget cuts. The Epiphany School (Nicholas Sparks founded private school 5th-12th) is growing rapidly and will be in need of educators in the future.

What grade level/subject are you looking for?

Old 04-07-2010, 05:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,448 times
I am qualified to teach 6th- 12th grade English. I currently teach 9th and tenth grade English.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:08 PM

47 posts, read 152,784 times
Epiphany School for sure.

Craven County Schools for some reason are local gun and knife clubs.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:12 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,736,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsdiesel View Post

That is about the stupidest post ever, on any forum. And that says a lot. If morons such as yourself like Epiphany School, I would steer clear. Well clear.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:17 PM

9 posts, read 27,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsdiesel View Post

What do you mean by the phrase gun and knife clubs? I am planning a move in November to New Bern and my children will be attending HJ Macdonald Middle and New Bern High. We come from a small coastal town (where everyone knows each other) and from what I had read, it seemed New Bern was perfect. Crime is almost non-existent here (less some minor traffic fender benders and of course, the usual petty Friday and Saturday night arrests at the local bar. Our schools here are pretty laid back (no metal detectors, no locked doors (parents can come and go as needed in the schools). Please enlighten me if there is an issue I need to be aware of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina