Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 AM

31 posts, read 123,296 times

Advertisements

has anyone made the trip to high point for furniture? I've heard that there are some great deals, but is it worth it to make the trip from wilmington? I've had my eye on a thomasville living room set, but it is quite a bit more than i want to spend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 02:52 PM

7 posts, read 13,713 times
i used to live in greensboro, and i remember furniture week and checking out items in high point. i noticed that the deals were very substantial , but only on high end furntiture. in other words if you are looking to furnish your home with affordable furniture i would stay local, but if you know what you want and it is top of the line, you can get great deals there.

for example i remember looking for a couch and there were natuzzi leather couches that retail for 10,000 and you could get them in high point for 4,000-5000. i only need a 1500 couch so it was not a deal for me. hope this helps.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:43 PM

lol I'm with you...certainly not looking for a $5000 sofa, even if is half price. Thanks for your reply.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:18 AM

43 posts, read 113,123 times
Before you purchase Thomasville, which is made in CHINA (not NC), Google Thomasville Furniture and read all the threads from people who have purchased this product and their dissatisfaction.

We purchased some furniture from Furnitureland South and have been really pleased (not inexpensive, though). Huge store with lots of options.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:21 PM

419 posts, read 1,398,894 times
We just purchased a Kincaid solid wood dining room set from Furnitureland South. Shopped around and the best I could find anywhere was $6,000. Got it in High Point for $3,200 with free shipping to anywhere in NC (promotion this month). It was worth the trip for us.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:23 AM

698 posts, read 3,269,454 times
Be VERY careful. We got ripped off one time years ago when living in Florida and bought from a place in High Point.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:58 PM

375 posts, read 913,848 times
AMEN about checking to make sure it wasn't made in China -- I love cast iron ware, but when I was looking at the new enamel covered ones by Lodge, who was always big about their factory being in US, I noticed that the nice enamel colors are made in China. I have an enamel pot that I just had to throw out b/c the paint came off while cooking (yuck!) -- from a nice brand -- but when I looked on the bottom, it was made in China!! Buyer beware!

Too bad, b/c High Point could really use their industries to come back, and it is SUCH a pretty area of NC!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 05:57 AM

Well, I guess the bottom line is, it CAN be good if you're a very savvy bargain shopper (which is not me ...I can't even get a bargain at a garage sale lol! I ended up buying a sofa (not Thomasville) from a local retailer. Thanks for the responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina