Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 08:19 AM

10 posts, read 42,056 times

Advertisements

There are so many issues with this road that need to be addressed.

1. Why is this is the only road in and out of the Bryce's Creek area?

2. To get to Creekside Park (soccer/softball) the only way to get there from Bryce's Creek or Pollacksville is to either go back out to the access road on 70 or cut through the airport drop off. This does not make sense.

3. Drivers are traveling at excessive speeds 60-70. There are never any police enforcing the speed limit on this side of the river.

4. All the employers and private schools in New Bern know that if they have employees or students that live in Bryce's Creek that they can count on them being at least 20 minutes late 3 times a week.

I have several friends that live off this road. Four of them have been in accidents on BC road in the last 5 years. Another friend who lives on BC was checking her mailbox when her dog ran out into the road. She watched while 4 cars ran over her dog. No one stopped to see if she needed any help. They all left her on the side of the road in tears.

I am concerned that the number of homes that are being built in this area far exceed the infrastructure. Craven County needs to address this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 02:06 PM

859 posts, read 2,998,384 times
Wow, We are looking to retire to the BC area in a few years.

m

Old 04-11-2010, 03:11 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,760,058 times
Don't blame me for this negative post please. A shame, but true.

LLN

Old 04-12-2010, 01:37 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,915,609 times
Brice's Creek going back in the day, was simply a shortcut from 70 to 17 cutting out New Bern. In the same way that catfish lake rd is a short cut from 70 - 17/58, one that recently all Marines were banned from using by the General at Cherry Point due to how dangerous it is. Though paved Brice's creek is just as dangerous. Especially at the curve at the county line. The only addressing it I've seen it is the widening of said curve.

Really, it's still not a common enough travelled road to add another lane. Police have no jurisdtiction over there, sheriff are mainly focused on crime ridden rural areas within the county, which BC is not. That leaves troopers, who do frequent the area enough to make their presence known. Honestly, the only way to maybe help the matter is to lower the speed limit. On most areas of the road the speed limit is 45 or 55. whihc means you can go 55 to 65 w/o expecting a ticket. I travel the road all the time as my mother-in-law live sin pollocksville and my parants live in Havelock. I was a Havelock resident myself through 2006. I currently live outside Goldsboro on US hwy 117. The same thing happens at my house, where the speed limit is 45 mph. The same thing happens down NC 101. The same thing happens down lake road/9 mile road. These roads have been widened, I believe even BC road has been widened now that I think about it. But no matter how many people build in the area, they will never be considered residential roads as they are in unincorporated areas. You say it needs to be addressed, but how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina