Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,440 times

Advertisements

Dear frosty,
Im sure you're not crazy, for the past month I have been trying to solve a parasite problem, proper Identification is key, but very hard to do. I have read information from many different sites that if you add crushed garlic to your pets food it will discourage fleas from biting your pets. They don't like the taste, I thought of eating more garlic myself. You might want to talk to your vet to find out how much you should use. Not sure if it works or not but could be worth a try. Good Luck A good website I found for info is parasitetesting.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 AM

50 posts, read 213,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxgirl View Post
Hi, I spent 2 weeks ago in the Everglades in Florida. While I was there I got a ton of bites and I had never heard of these "sand fleas" Well, no one else around me was getting bitten, my dog was with us as well and she too seems fine. it's mostlyl my feet and the backs of my calves that got so bitten up. I left Florida on November 4th, It is now November 26, I am still itching, and I just can't figure out what to do. I have tried Benedryl cream, Hydrocortizone cream, skin so soft. I thought alot of these bites were old bites but now I think I'm getting newer bites. Obviously I have brought these @#$# pests home with me. How in the world do I get them out of my house? I tried changing all of the bedding, didn't help. Do I treat my house as if it were infested with regular fleas from my dog? Should I just bomb the entire house??? This has been going on for over a month now since the first bites started. Please give me any info that you can...
Thank you.
Taxigirl,
I had this happen back in the summer. Couldn't find the pests, but progressively got over a hundred bites on ankles, calves and thighs. Drove me nuts. Tried every OTC cream they had a the drug store. Got momentary relief, but the only thing that really worked was the steroid the dermatologist prescribed. Wish I hadn't waited so long to go see him. Fortunately, our problem stopped with repeated cleaning of the house and bedding. I did use a steamer on the bedding since I heard they don't like heat. Not sure if that helped. Anyway, they are gone. A good friend of mine did finally use those "bomb" things you get at the hardware store. That worked too. Didn't want to go there if I didn't have to. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina