Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 05:49 PM

533 posts, read 1,112,001 times

Advertisements

Couldn't find one of these threads for FSU in the last few pages.

I'm an alum and am obviously VERY excited about the National Championship possibility this year!

>>>---F-L-O-R-I-D-A-S-T-A-T-E--;;->
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 07:09 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggumbo View Post

Couldn't find one of these threads for FSU in the last few pages.

I'm an alum and am obviously VERY excited about the National Championship possibility this year!

>>>---F-L-O-R-I-D-A-S-T-A-T-E--;;->
There should be no problems from Idaho or Syracuse. Florida isnt looking very good this year, they lost to Vanderbilt so FSU should probably win, but it is a rivalry game so there is small risk.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
There should be no problems from Idaho or Syracuse. Florida isnt looking very good this year, they lost to Vanderbilt so FSU should probably win, but it is a rivalry game so there is small risk.
A small risk, yes, but I really think we can do it.

I'd give anything for Jameis to win the Heisman, he just has such a great attitude. I don't really like Johnny Football, he just comes off as flippant, but you can tell how much Jameis cares about the team.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Didn't realize there was another Nole on here. Welcome!

Jameis won't get the heisman. We can thank Jimbo for that since he refuses to allow him to play beyond one series in the third.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

Jameis won't get the heisman. We can thank Jimbo for that since he refuses to allow him to play beyond one series in the third.
Thanks! I'm surprised there aren't more.
I graduated this year! I wish I would've stayed for this fall semester though, graduating on time was probably the biggest mistake I made at FSU.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:44 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

Odd. I think he is a shoe in for it now that Mariotta is out of the way. That is if he doesnt get arrested first.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Odd. I think he is a shoe in for it now that Mariotta is out of the way. That is if he doesnt get arrested first.
If you're referring to the alleged sexual assault.. yeah, that whole situation is pretty sketchy. For now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because the things I've read about the allegations just don't line up. Innocent until proven guilty. I hope these allegations are false, and I also hope that if they're false, they don't overshadow the positive impact he has had on Seminole football.

Edit: Also, I don't believe this is a situation where the college town police department is trying to cover up for a football star. Just look at what they did to Greg Reid! They had no problems with getting him in trouble!

Old 11-17-2013, 08:17 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
There are so many inconsistancies (height, weight, hair, date of claiming it was him, etc) on the original date of the police report that this has to be bogus. The timing of this story couldn't be anymore convienant either. Winston is leading FSU to potential National Title game, in addition to being high on the heisman watch. The story came a day or two later after Jacob Coker went out for the season.

Winston might be the highest profile player to ever come to Florida State. He passed on professional baseball to come to school. A two sport athlete. Plain and simple... it wouldn't take 1+ months to identify him.

Glad to see all this hoopla didn't affect our players this week.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:09 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Allegations for the police intimidating the young lady are surfacing.

Police warned accuser about pursuing case against star quarterback Jameis Winston (report) | AL.com

Old 11-20-2013, 05:06 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Allegations for the police intimidating the young lady are surfacing.

Police warned accuser about pursuing case against star quarterback Jameis Winston (report) | AL.com
If we've learned anything, it's that the media sometimes will hype a story up and the facts sort themselves out over a period of time. That being said, though, if today's allegations are true, then I think it's fair to say that this could be the beginning of a very long, ugly scandal that has the potential to consume the Florida State program. I hope that this didn't happen as it is being reported, but if true, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that local good ole boy authorities whitewashed a sex scandal at a major state collegiate athletic program.

Without having any way of knowing whether it applies in the case of FSU, I nevertheless said it then and I'll say it again: Penn State's program should have gotten a 5-year 'death' penalty. A program that conspires to conceal felonious assaults on its own campus or among its own student athletes or coaches should be terminated for a 5 year period of reflection on the importance of collegiate athletics relative to other aspects of human life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football