Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 07:11 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
agreed. awesome. but it really came in awful on my computer. so i copied the title and went to youtube where it played beautifully.
So you were not able to watch on it Vimeo?

that's weird... glad you got to see it though.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Is it Boise State's fault that the top schools would PREFER to play such difficult teams as North Texas and Louisiana Lafayette?

Is it the tops schools fault that Boise State would PREFER to play such difficult teams as New Mexico and Wyoming?

Old 09-24-2011, 07:23 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Heheheheheheheheheheh.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:08 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Is it the tops schools fault that Boise State would PREFER to play such difficult teams as New Mexico and Wyoming?
They play in the same conference, kind of hard to avoid. If "bigger name" schools avoid playing Boise State for their non-conference games what are they supposed to do? But it's okay for the established big-name schools to play a cupcake schedule early, get ranked and lose once or twice to another cupcake-beater, but not fall out of the Top 25 because they were already ranked? That's total whack.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
They play in the same conference, kind of hard to avoid. If "bigger name" schools avoid playing Boise State for their non-conference games what are they supposed to do? But it's okay for the established big-name schools to play a cupcake schedule early, get ranked and lose once or twice to another cupcake-beater, but not fall out of the Top 25 because they were already ranked? That's total whack.
The Big name schools all play in the same conference too... So they are "forced" to play tough opponents. Boise gets 7-9 cupcake games a year. The Big names only get 2-3 because their conference opponents are tough.

So why should they schedule another touch opponent? They deserve to play cupcakes too... And they play a heck of lot less cupcakes than Boise does.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:24 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
I believe that Boise State applied for admission to the PAC-10 two years back as well as the Mountain West.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I believe that Boise State applied for admission to the PAC-10 two years back as well as the Mountain West.
I'm sure the Pac-10 told them WHY they didn't get in... So the school should get to work on the things needed to meet the requirements for admission... And stop "whining" about not being allowed at the Grown Folks table.

It took the schools in the BIG conferences a lifetime to get to where they are... Boise doesnt deserve to get in for 5 good years.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:30 PM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
The Big name schools all play in the same conference too... So they are "forced" to play tough opponents. Boise gets 7-9 cupcake games a year. The Big names only get 2-3 because their conference opponents are tough.

So why should they schedule another touch opponent? They deserve to play cupcakes too... And they play a heck of lot less cupcakes than Boise does.
Maybe so, but by not allowing undefeated teams to settle it on the field versus conjecture in the media/public opinion doesn't further anyone's cause (except those who get their pockets lined by the BCS). By not allowing an undefeated team to compete for the national championship furthers the lack of credibility of Division I college football and any current "national champion" at the BCS level should have an asterisk next to their name if another Division I team ended the season undefeated. The NCAA is lucky there hasn't been some kind of anti-trust suit levied against them by a member institution robbed of the opportunity to play for a national championship. It's odd how NCAA Division I basketball can settle it with almost 70 teams, yet football can't even approach the idea with only 16 although not surprising as the US is seemingly becoming a place that caters to the 1%.

Last edited by kyle19125; 09-26-2011 at 03:41 PM..

Old 09-26-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Maybe so, but by not allowing undefeated teams to settle it on the field versus conjecture in the media/public opinion doesn't further anyone's cause (except those who get their pockets lined by the BCS). By not allowing an undefeated team to compete for the national championship furthers the lack of credibility of Division I college football and any current "national champion" at the BCS level should have an asterisk next to their name if another Division I team ended the season undefeated. The NCAA is lucky there hasn't been some kind of anti-trust suit levied against them by a member institution robbed of the opportunity to play for a national championship. It's odd how NCAA Division I basketball can settle it with almost 70 teams, yet football can't even approach the idea with only 16 although not surprising as the US is seemingly becoming a place that caters to the 1%.
...You are preaching to choir. I'm for a playoff!!!

I was just defending the Big guys when you attacked them because its not their fault either that the system is the way it is.

And fyi the NCAA has nothing to do with Division I post-season so they don't have to worry about any anti-trust suit. The BCS trophy does not say NCAA National Champion... actually there has never been an NCAA national champion in major college football. There in lies the problem. The NCAA does not organize the post-season like they do in all the other sports they govern... It's all privatized basically. Yet the NCAA makes the rules and regulations on who can participate and when... that's utterly ridiculous really. It's all a sham

"Division I FBS (formerly Division I-A) football is the only NCAA sport in which a yearly champion is not determined by an NCAA sanctioned championship event."

Taken from:
College football national championships in NCAA Division I FBS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Boise St is lucky that the BCS even exists now to give them a platform. If this was 1985, Boise State would finish an undefeated season ranked number 12 and like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football