Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times

Advertisements

We're still in the Renaissance that is the Gary Paterson era, still waitin' for the BCS win and (hopefully) our 3rd national title. Last year was a disappointment, but even if we bet Boise, it would have done little.

Anyway, the 2010 season is comin' up. TCU is #6 in the nation, Oregon St. is first in Tom Landry Stadium, and the NEW Amon Carter Stadium will begin its rise right after the last game of this season.

There's plenty to be excited about so set's get it!

GO FROGS!

http://i80cosmo.org/misc_images/TCUAthleticLogo_small.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 05:57 PM

364 posts, read 718,004 times
coughs...*overrated*.....lol

If TCU even plays for a national title, then the NCAA D-1 football will lose all credibility in allot of people's eyes IMO. Same with Boise State, both those teams have no business playing for a BCS title. The conspiracy buff in me almost thinks this is a part of the plan to go towards a national playoff.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:30 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,410,221 times
I'd love to see TCU get into the Big 12 and smack around Texas/Oklahoma.

On a side note...wow, the Beavers stepped up. Gotta have respect for a team that schedules both BSU and TCU. Hope the bowl selection committee looks at that and it won't cost them much money.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:41 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,434 times
I live in Fort Worth, but I'm a horns fan and bleed burnt orange.

But I root for the froggies when they aren't playing Texas, as they did in:
2007: Final Score... Texas 34, TCU 13

You guys are #6 this year in AP poll, we are #5... There may be a very real possibility of a Texas vs TCU national championship game...

Interesting College Football Trivia: Texas A&M's "gig 'em" was originally referring to "gigging" the horned frogs (TCU), or frog hunting. "Gig 'em" aggies was a term coined in 1930 before a game with TCU.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post

If TCU even plays for a national title, then the NCAA D-1 football will lose all credibility in allot of people's eyes IMO. Same with Boise State, both those teams have no business playing for a BCS title. The conspiracy buff in me almost thinks this is a part of the plan to go towards a national playoff.
You say that as if TCU is some upstart program that's JUST NOW winning and gaining national attention and has NEVER been #1 before....

Old 08-26-2010, 10:36 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,032,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post

Why, cause TCU isnt a household name, the thing is we will never know how far TCU or Boise St can go beacuse of the name of their school, they showed they can beat the big boys.

I think Boise St and TCU can hang with any team out there, just cause they lack the name recognition and the history dosent mean they cant play football, remember, its the players playing the game, not the name of the school playing the game.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:11 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,410,221 times
Speaking of TCU, boy oh boy is Daryl Washington turning out to be a player, for the Cardinals. And he is coming off as raw too, wait until he gets some technique down.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:36 AM

Yeah.
I missed Hughes in his game with the Colts, though. Good to see those guys on Sundays.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:33 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,709,241 times
Beavs are looking dangerous this year and way underrated.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:35 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Beavs are looking dangerous this year and way underrated.
Considering they are starting an untested QB in Katz and got utterly throttled in the Vegas bowl, I think a Top 25 rating is all that could really be expected. They'll go 1-2 to begin and then lose another 3 or 4 this year (USC, Stanford, and Oregon...maybe 'Zona). I'm seriously considering rolling up to Ft. Worth with some fellow Ducks from Austin, rocking Duck gear (with a bit of purple) and rooting for TCU to kick them around a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football