Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Well, Vandy over NCST in there too.
Convenient omission.

That was a great game (except for everyone in the pickem pool, since not one of us took Clemson). I can't believe how gassed LSU's defense got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 10:48 PM

518 posts, read 406,698 times
I still think the ACC is a downer conference, but I gotta say, I respect the way ACC's played in bowl season. I think they were p*ssed about hearing about how weak their conference was and about how solid other conferences were, and they just went out and took care of business. I'm an LSU guy and this loss was tough to take, but hats off to Clemson. They wanted this one, and they earned it. I think they benefited from a call or two, but they also made some HUGE plays in the clutch. And if USC didn't want to bring it against GT, well, that's SC's problem. Props to the Jackets for showing some pride. I've been harsh on the ACC, but not tonight. Fair's fair, and the ACC's done very well in recent days. Props.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Convenient omission.

That was a great game (except for everyone in the pickem pool, since not one of us took Clemson). I can't believe how gassed LSU's defense got.
I think the defense did well enough to win the game; Clemson just made great plays. Once again, I think the real culprit here was LSU's offensive play calling and Mettenberger. I was hoping Mett would finally have a breakout game, but not to be. And for the second year in a row, LSU's offensive play calling just sucked @ss. If Les Miles wants to bring back Studrawa next year, that's fine. But he's risking his tenure at LSU if he does. They WILL run his @ss off if he doesn't produce a BCS bowl next year. Those are the expectations and he'd better live up to 'em.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:05 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Since NC State came up- its worth noting that they put 40+ points on the board against Clemson. At home. As I sat there and was befuddled. So LSU's defense was not really the problem. And it wasn't their special teams either. FSU and USC both were able to outgunClemson's scoring.

FWIW- I think going into a lower tier bowl is a much bigger letdown for the better SEC teams.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:52 AM

977 posts, read 1,956,497 times
Yeah Clemson's comeback was a result of a combination of several factors, and the decision to pass 3 times in a row instead of running it to burn clock (or Clemson timeouts) was one of those factors.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:18 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Wow LSU way to let yourselves down.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Lol. Clemson sucks. Oh they beat an SEC team you say? Legit top five team then.
Who are you for? I remember from some previous threads you seemed to be for the SEC, and now you seem to be against them.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
FWIW- I think going into a lower tier bowl is a much bigger letdown for the better SEC teams.
I thnk you're wrong.

Stop making excuses.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
"For the better SEC teams."

They weren't better last night

Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 AM

On the one hand, let's be real about this: anyone who's watched LSU all year knows that they've been vulnerable, despite their W-L record. They just didn't have the same strength on the lines that they had in 2011, and Mettenberger is still a major question mark a year later. The guy's got an arm, but I'm not convinced he has the mental makeup of an elite QB.

On the other hand, let's stop making excuses. Clemson's a good team. I also tend to concur that the SEC is not quite what it has been in some of the previous years. I've thought all along that ND had a legit chance to beat Alabama, and I'm becoming more and more convinced of the possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football