Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

Last night I saw men running who obviously did not have any protection. Why not? Is it consider unmanly to wear protection?. I mean this guy's junk was winging wildly from left to right and I was not believing it. Even the uniform was more revealing than it had to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Last night I saw men running who obviously did not have any protection. Why not? Is it consider unmanly to wear protection?. I mean this guy's junk was winging wildly from left to right and I was not believing it. Even the uniform was more revealing than it had to be.
I just want to point out that this is a very strange topic. I digress.

I believe they don't wear them because they are so restricting to movement. Having them on is very difficult to move the way that you need to on the field.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,306,635 times
They have nothing to protect because Steriods strink the balls down to nothing.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
They have nothing to protect because Steriods strink the balls down to nothing.
Well the guy I saw obviously was not on steriods if that is the case!

The way guys think it is the best thing since sliced bread you would think they would encase them in concrete during a "violent" sport like football!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Well the guy I saw obviously was not on steriods if that is the case!

The way guys think it is the best thing since sliced bread you would think they would encase them in concrete during a "violent" sport like football!
I believe some of them still wear straps which I guess helps a little. But it's difficult to wear a cup with all the moving. Cups are extremely uncomfortable. Maybe someone will come out with better technology but honestly it's just not a good idea to have one on in that kind of sport.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:46 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
Most Players don't wear cups in college or high school either... If they wear anything, it would be just a jocks strap to help keep things in place. But most of the tight fitting bike short type of under garments keeps things in place for the most part.

Cups rub and are just extremely uncomfortable as pgtvatitans pointed out.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 PM

Thanks all. So now I know. I can't even imagine how painful it would be to be elbowed or kicked there so I was surprised to see no protection.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
Quote:
Thanks all. So now I know. I can't even imagine how painful it would be to be elbowed or kicked there so I was surprised to see no protection.
It rarely happpens because It's like the first rule learned for every man... Guard Your N---!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 PM

So true. In basketball you notice that most players learn to set a pick with their hands over their area. Of course that's to protect yourself in case of a bad collision.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
I just want to point out that this is a very strange topic. I digress.

I believe they don't wear them because they are so restricting to movement. Having them on is very difficult to move the way that you need to on the field.
If you watch football as if it is a religion then sometimes its a question you want to ask.

I would also like to add in

" Why does ESPN and CBS do so many crotch shots?"

they will come back from a commercial and start at someones feet and then angle the camera so that you can barely see their face but can fully see their unprotected crotch. I am surprised they dont get fined by the FCC, especially during training camps and practices when all the players have on are compression shorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football