Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 06:38 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, we are soft this year. Now we are losing to inferior teams. We are now Oklahoma without Nattys.
By definition, losing makes you the inferior team.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:20 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
By definition, losing makes you the inferior team.
Alright, Webster. You sound like my wife.

Last edited by Acuda; 11-23-2013 at 07:35 PM..

Old 11-23-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Alright, Webster. You sound like my wife.
Sorry for the dose of reality. But when a team hangs 42 on you while holding you to 16, it would require major amounts of crack smoking as well as serious emotional issues to call the winner inferior, no matter how much you rationalize matters. I watched that game and Arizona owned Oregon. Just a pluperfect, Simon-pure ass kicking of the highest order. The only way they could have been more dominant is if they wore leather and used whips. So just man up and admit it. It would be the honest thing to do.

Last edited by cpg35223; 11-23-2013 at 08:09 PM..

Old 11-23-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Sorry for the dose of reality. But when a team hangs 42 on you while holding you to 16, it would require major amounts of crack smoking as well as serious emotional issues to call the winner inferior, no matter how much you rationalize matters. I watched that game and Arizona owned Oregon. Just a pluperfect, Simon-pure ass kicking of the highest order. So just man up and admit it. It would be the honest thing to do.
I look at things very rationally, son. Our players have quit this season. They feel entitled and do not want to do work. When you have players saying that the Rose Bowl is a disappointment and dismiss it as beneath them shows they are immature and primadonnas. Our coach is in over his head at this point in his career. Oregon has dominated Zona in the past and will continue that in the future. It isn't like Zona suddenly woke up and will be a power. To suggest otherwise shows you know nothing about Pac-12 football. It isn't like they are world beaters since they were coming off losing to Wazzu, a team we beat by 30 or so points. Zona is inferior to us. This is aprime example of a talented team that has no leadership and class. We have become a team like OU, Florida, Texas- losing to teams that we shouldn't lose to- inferior. If you don't get that, you really do not understand football.

We have all witnessed teams give up. Some have even experienced their team do it. Sucks, but it happens all the time. A bit of crack just might do wonders with how I feel.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I look at things very rationally, son. Our players have quit this season. They feel entitled and do not want to do work. When you have players saying that the Rose Bowl is a disappointment and dismiss it as beneath them shows they are immature and primadonnas. Our coach is in over his head at this point in his career. Oregon has dominated Zona in the past and will continue that in the future. It isn't like Zona suddenly woke up and will be a power. To suggest otherwise shows you know nothing about Pac-12 football. It isn't like they are world beaters since they were coming off losing to Wazzu, a team we beat by 30 or so points. Zona is inferior to us. This is aprime example of a talented team that has no leadership and class. We have become a team like OU, Florida, Texas- losing to teams that we shouldn't lose to- inferior. If you don't get that, you really do not understand football.
Blah blah blahbity blah. You know what the first rule of holes is? When you're in one, quit digging.

They quit on the season when they were 9-1? Then they are inferior players with inferior coaches. Because what makes you a great player is heart, determination, and tough mindedness, not just your speed in the 40. And if they are quitting while they still had a shot at the Rose Bowl, then that totally makes them an inferior team.

Are we done here? There's nothing rational about your arguments. Pack it in before you make yourself look more ridiculous.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Blah blah blahbity blah. You know what the first rule of holes is? When you're in one, quit digging.

They quit on the season when they were 9-1? Then they are inferior players with inferior coaches. Because what makes you a great player is heart, determination, and tough mindedness, not just your speed in the 40. And if they are quitting while they still had a shot at the Rose Bowl, then that totally makes them an inferior team.
I agree with this. Our players have quit, which is pathetic. They've been soft all year. Should be interesting to see how we respond the rest of the year and next season.

How is my argument not rational? I stated clearly that we have no leadership, our players do not work hard, they are primadonnas, we have a soft coach at this point. Doesn't mean Zona is suddenly a good team that would bet us more times than not- considering that has NOT happened in the past. Time to focus on the Civil War.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I agree with this. Our players have quit, which is pathetic. They've been soft all year. Should be interesting to see how we respond the rest of the year and next season.
Good deal. I empathize with that. Now, given how Baylor is committing an el foldo, it's down to Alabama, FSU, Florida State, Auburn, and Missouri. Maybe Clemson.

FSU is a lock barring a miracle.

Alabama has to get through Auburn and Missouri/South Carolina.

Ohio State has to get through Michigan State. My gut says OSU will lose.

Auburn has to get through Alabama and Missouri/South Carolina.

Missouri has to get through TAMU and Auburn/Alabama.

Clemson has to get through South Carolina.

I'm thinking it's set up for an epic last two weekends of the season.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I Don't know what you are talking about. OU is tough now a days. We made changes bro. I'd love to play Oregon or some other soft defensive team in a bowl game, we'd run for 400+ yards.

I did lol when the announcers called you state though. I can't relate because you know what they say. There's only ONE Oklahoma.

All posts tonight brought to you by 11 am kickoff and Canadian club.

Edit; maybe I'll see you in San Antonio?
OU does not strike fear into anybody- maybe Iowa State. Sure, we may play in the Toilet Bowl, and you may beat us. But remember, way back when I talked mad **** prior to the Holiday Bowl when we played y'all and were favored, we lost. Talk all you want now. Kansas State got busted in the chops last year saying how soft we were. Now, I do agree we are soft, but so is OU.

If we do meet in San Antonio, I will even buy you a beer. Watch out though, my wife will want to arm wrestle you.

Last edited by Acuda; 11-23-2013 at 09:17 PM..

Old 11-24-2013, 01:09 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,260 times
A lot of odd things in college football this year happening.

One, no way should any team who wins 25 straight games should be left out of a championship game.

Ohio State should play Alabama if they win out.

Hand AJ McCarren the Heisman. He deserves it.

Suspend Fla St qb like most decent schools would have done if one of their players rapes someone.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:50 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
A lot of odd things in college football this year happening.

One, no way should any team who wins 25 straight games should be left out of a championship game.

Ohio State should play Alabama if they win out.

Hand AJ McCarren the Heisman. He deserves it.

Suspend Fla St qb like most decent schools would have done if one of their players rapes someone.
1 - Yes they should. They haven't played any real team during the span.
2 - AJ isn't even in the discussion since he folded at Miss St. Winston is the shoe-in at this point. If it goes to court, then it goes to Manziel. Those two are so high above the rest it is ridiculous. At least this weekend might have allowed the best RB in the nation to make the trip to the Heisman and get some votes i.e. Andre Williams.
3 - Rape has to be proven. All that was proven is there was sex, which Winston's side has stated was consensual. Even if it goes to court (which Meggs might not even do), I anticipate FSU waving the policy on suspension. There will be too much money at stake if he doesn't play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football