Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:16 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,614,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
What he yelled was a re-creation of a popular media blooper gone viral on the internet now.

Why he would do that live on such a stage as that surprises me a bit but I don't think he meant any harm.

Wow folks are sensitive and thin-skinned these days.

Glass houses and all.
Rumor is that he lied to the FSU presidents face about the incident and will be kicked off the team next week.

Location matters. If he jumped on a table where a bunch of girls were sitting it makes his comments unacceptable for sure. That might even be considered sexual harassment. Like it or not.

I'm thinking FSU is feeling the heat for not following title IX protocol on previous incidents and needs this guy to go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 07:29 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,618,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Rumor is that he lied to the FSU presidents face about the incident and will be kicked off the team next week.

Location matters. If he jumped on a table where a bunch of girls were sitting it makes his comments unacceptable for sure. That might even be considered sexual harassment. Like it or not.

I'm thinking FSU is feeling the heat for not following title IX protocol on previous incidents and needs this guy to go away.
It surprises me that the NCAA hasn't moved in and taken decisive action on any of this. Florida State obviously continues to cover up what ever Winston does, and much of the commentary on here continues to side with what ever he says and does, as if it's all just harmless college pranks!

Old 09-20-2014, 10:49 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,614,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
It surprises me that the NCAA hasn't moved in and taken decisive action on any of this. Florida State obviously continues to cover up what ever Winston does, and much of the commentary on here continues to side with what ever he says and does, as if it's all just harmless college pranks!
Samantha Ponder on Gameday summed it up quite nicely:
The bar is not set that high: don't lie, cheat, steal, or disrespect women

He's failed at almost all of those on multiple occasions.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:17 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,618,668 times
Quote:

Women are well aware of what's going on. Disrespecting women seems to be "normal" for a certain percentage of both pro and college athletes. They'll continue to act this way until they get reprimanded and formally dealt with.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:44 PM

328 posts, read 435,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Why would the "can" him if he was never convicted or charged with rape? Were kicking people off teams for accusations now?
Well as I stated he should have been canned for the entire game and Fla St changed it to a full game.

He is a trouble sole who now owns 6-8 incidents that Fla St has just let go in one ear and out another.

Would you want a pig like him who makes sexual comments towards women which makes me believe he did rape that girl and it got covered up and what about the stealing of crap legs? How about he illegal parking because he had to go to Starbucks for a coffee before a test which Fla St allowed him to take later. When they dont allow this for others? How about the running of the red light on campus and he got away with that.

He should be canned because he is not a good person, has many issues and has kids looking up to him when they should understand you can be a great player but when it comes to people like him behaving like a punk kid who was not raised correctly then the University needs to decide if they want to take the years of issues backing him up or can him forever like I think they should.

Predicting the Heisman people will also be looking into some of his issues and if any charges are brought with his record of issues and law breaking the Heisman will and should be taken away.

By he way, he is not clear from the rape yet or the stealing of the crab legs.

Fla St should just say good bye and hope you have a shot at the NFL as the Ray Rices of the world wont be wanted or allowed in the NFL anymore as all eyes are on behavior of players who think they can do what Rice, Peterson, Winston seem to think is ok.

Good player, warped mind and seems to think women are low lifes. Sound like Ray Rice and Ray Lewis must have mentored him.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:56 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,797,012 times
There's already a photoshop of him in an Auburn uni going around on the Internet. He'll get kicked out of FSU go to juco for a year and then join the family on the plains.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:07 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,497,200 times
He'll probably be dating y'alls sisters as he collects his second Heisman. Fsu beat Clemson so, no harm no foul.

Until he gets convicted of rape, he didn't rape anybody.

A very shellfish person indeed.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:17 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,127,488 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB86 View Post
Well as I stated he should have been canned for the entire game and Fla St changed it to a full game.

He is a trouble sole who now owns 6-8 incidents that Fla St has just let go in one ear and out another.

Would you want a pig like him who makes sexual comments towards women which makes me believe he did rape that girl and it got covered up and what about the stealing of crap legs? How about he illegal parking because he had to go to Starbucks for a coffee before a test which Fla St allowed him to take later. When they dont allow this for others? How about the running of the red light on campus and he got away with that.

He should be canned because he is not a good person, has many issues and has kids looking up to him when they should understand you can be a great player but when it comes to people like him behaving like a punk kid who was not raised correctly then the University needs to decide if they want to take the years of issues backing him up or can him forever like I think they should.

Predicting the Heisman people will also be looking into some of his issues and if any charges are brought with his record of issues and law breaking the Heisman will and should be taken away.

By he way, he is not clear from the rape yet or the stealing of the crab legs.

Fla St should just say good bye and hope you have a shot at the NFL as the Ray Rices of the world wont be wanted or allowed in the NFL anymore as all eyes are on behavior of players who think they can do what Rice, Peterson, Winston seem to think is ok.

Good player, warped mind and seems to think women are low lifes. Sound like Ray Rice and Ray Lewis must have mentored him.
Regarding the above two quotes: I agree 100% with their content.
I wish he had also been banned from being on The side lines during tonights game.........he is using a God Given Talent and combineing it with the traits, mannerisms and commonly accepted Actions of an uneducated street thug who lives for the adulation bestowed on him by others from his level of society.

Don't you wish we really could find out how he meets the minimum academic standards to remain eligible to play.

The above statements are my opinions and do not reflect any racial bias...just common sense conclusions resulting from his past actions, vocalizations and demeanor in general.......Sad example of some one who could be a positive influence.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:44 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,550,692 times
The new levels of self-righteous/high horse comments by some media and arm-chair commentators is remarkable. You'd thought Winston phoned in a terrorist threat by the calls for him to be suspended indefinitely or kicked out of school.

The only reason most of us don't have our "stuff" @ 20 yrs old discussed and dissected is that there was no social media then.

The punishment was more than appropriate for his actions and he should continue to play and learn from his mistakes, like every other 20 year old man since the beginning of time.

Lighten up.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:07 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,497,200 times
Forgiveness and mercy are virtues.

That goes for Jamie, Goodell, wife-abusers, etc.

For one thing, this IS America, and we live under an Innocent until proven Guilty justice system.

You can hope for "justice", but life is more complicated than that.

These folks will dust themselves off and perhaps become ... well just folks like us trying to do their best and just get along.

Love your enemies. If you can't do that, you're living in another world than our Forefathers envisioned for us.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football