Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 12:11 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times

Advertisements

I will probably shoot myself in the foot for this one, which, btw, hurts so bad today I don't care
BUT
Here is my predictions for the NCAA Playoffs, hope I don;t get into a predicament over these predictions

Clemson goes as Number one seed.

The Alligators beat ALABAMA in the SEC PLayoff. Normally, the committee would give Alabama an automatic berth, but the good people from Normon,

OKLAHOMA have a say and they move up to number two.

Notre Dame, having not had the game they needed is out

Michigan State beats Iowa and take spot 3

THAT puts Ohio State up to the 4th seed.

CLemson defeats Ohio State,'

Oklahoma beats Mich State and
Clemson WINS The Champeenship against
Oklahoma

Maynot happen, but if you are nearby, we have plenty of good booze to share this holiday season providing you are over 21
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 12:26 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
I'm no Bama homer here, I swear to Gosh I'm not. I live in southern Colorado. I root for the Division II CSU-PUEBLO Thunderwolves.

But Bama ain't gonna lose to the gators.

The Gators needed overtime to beat Florida Atlantic.

But, dream on I guess if that lifts your skirt up.

But I could still see Bama losing their first one in the playoff.

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-02-2015 at 12:54 PM..

Old 12-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I will probably shoot myself in the foot for this one, which, btw, hurts so bad today I don't care
BUT
Here is my predictions for the NCAA Playoffs, hope I don;t get into a predicament over these predictions

Clemson goes as Number one seed.

The Alligators beat ALABAMA in the SEC PLayoff. Normally, the committee would give Alabama an automatic berth, but the good people from Normon,

OKLAHOMA have a say and they move up to number two.

Notre Dame, having not had the game they needed is out

Michigan State beats Iowa and take spot 3

THAT puts Ohio State up to the 4th seed.

CLemson defeats Ohio State,'

Oklahoma beats Mich State and
Clemson WINS The Champeenship against
Oklahoma

Maynot happen, but if you are nearby, we have plenty of good booze to share this holiday season providing you are over 21
the playoff committee has existed for exactly one season and last year, Alabama was 12-1 with victories over 5 ranked teams.

of the 4 teams that got in, Bama had the lowest SOS at #2.

Bama was the obvious #1 last year.

I think the most likely upset is Clemson. People havent been watching their games. They have only looked at the final scores. in my opinion, they are overrated. And have squeaked by in any game that resembled a challenge.

Dont get me wrong,I dont believe UNC is a better overall team, i just think they play a style of football that will give Clemson trouble.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:31 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
I'll eat my hat if Alabama loses to Florida. Has the Florida team that's played football the last 4 weeks of the season scored 4 touchdowns TOTAL those 4 weeks?? They've played Vanderbilt, South Carolina & Florida Atlantic all crappy teams and looked awful in each one, then they play Florida State at home and completely no show.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:42 AM

465 posts, read 418,510 times
Alabama has 5 victories over ranked opponents is a fallacy. Since those loses those ranked teams has fallen out of the top 25, except for a few (I think Wisconsin, LSU, Ole Miss). Regardless, I still think that is impressive. I have problems with their 3 cupcake games (Middle Tenn/UL Monroe/Char So). I know Alabama cannot play tough opponents every week, but please don't go to the total opposite end of the spectrum by scheduling cupcakes. That's what hurts their schedule.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:53 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,391,598 times
I live in Pensacola. Every third person here thinks 'Roll Tide' is the appropriate response to hello or goodbye. I really don't like the Alabama Crimson Tide but no way are they going to lose to Florida. I do think there is good chance they lose in the first round of the play-offs again this year thought.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:57 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
Alabama has 5 victories over ranked opponents is a fallacy. Since those loses those ranked teams has fallen out of the top 25, except for a few (I think Wisconsin, LSU, Ole Miss). Regardless, I still think that is impressive. I have problems with their 3 cupcake games (Middle Tenn/UL Monroe/Char So). I know Alabama cannot play tough opponents every week, but please don't go to the total opposite end of the spectrum by scheduling cupcakes. That's what hurts their schedule.
Bama cant help if these ranked teams are all broken up after being beat by Bama and their whole season falls apart afterwards. The Bama effect is real. The committee knows it. Haters gonna hate and deny it but it matters not.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:20 AM

455 posts, read 651,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the playoff committee has existed for exactly one season and last year, Alabama was 12-1 with victories over 5 ranked teams.

of the 4 teams that got in, Bama had the lowest SOS at #2.

Bama was the obvious #1 last year.

I think the most likely upset is Clemson. People havent been watching their games. They have only looked at the final scores. in my opinion, they are overrated. And have squeaked by in any game that resembled a challenge.

Dont get me wrong,I dont believe UNC is a better overall team, i just think they play a style of football that will give Clemson trouble.
That sounds like an analysis through crimson-colored glasses, lol. The thing that Clemson has done better than anyone to date is to show resiliency, which is why I think they keep getting the nod from the committee. They are by no means a perfect team, but they are very well-balanced and either side of the ball can rise up and make the plays that matter at the right time (Alabama failed that test big time against Ole Miss). They also have the best QB in the nation who can put the entire team on his back and carry the day. None of which means that they won't lose at some point, but they have certainly earned everything they've gotten to date. Calling them "overrated" is a reach...

Old 12-03-2015, 03:05 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
They are by no means a perfect team, but they are very well-balanced and either side of the ball can rise up and make the plays that matter at the right time (Alabama failed that test big time against Ole Miss).
So did Florida in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football