Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 08:37 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,617,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
I wonder if Scott Frost is regretting leaving UCF.
At the very least, he definitely longs for better game days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 07:43 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times
My takeaways from this week...

Alabama is still way better than everyone else. Barring major injury (Tua), nobody beats them in the Playoff.

James Franklin is a conservative play-calling scaredy cat and PSU will never be great as long as he's there.

Haskins still looks green and doesn't handle pressure well.

Dino Babers is the opposite of James Franklin. He should have offers rolling in the door any day now.

Clemson's secondary is suspect. Etienne is a beast. They should ride him from here on out.

FSU is still garbage.

I guess Kentucky is for realz?

Still not sold on ND. But if they win out, they're in, simple as that.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:10 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,054,125 times
Auburn fan here, but that ranking isn't going to last if they don't shore up their offensive line--and fast. We lost the entire OL last year due to graduation.

Everything else is in place. QB, WRs, an superb defense, and pretty good special teams. But none of that is going to matter if we can't run or pass block.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:11 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Clemson's secondary is suspect. Etienne is a beast. They should ride him from here on out.

Clemson's biggest problem is that they're almost required to win out. The last few years, they've had a signature win against a top 10 team.. They won't have that this year, most likely. The only currently ranked team they play is NC State. And if they were to lose to them, then most likely, they don't play in the ACC championship.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Clemson's biggest problem is that they're almost required to win out. The last few years, they've had a signature win against a top 10 team.. They won't have that this year, most likely. The only currently ranked team they play is NC State. And if they were to lose to them, then most likely, they don't play in the ACC championship.
I'm hoping for the College Football Playoff Doomsday Scenario where at least one undefeated P5 team gets left out. Bama, OSU and OU could potentially run the table in their respective conferences. ND also has cupcakes the rest of the way and *should* remain undefeated. If that happens, then there's no question an undefeated Clemson gets left out in the cold. In all likelihood, though, the Committee will luck out again with at least 2 of those teams screwing up somewhere along the way, making their end of the year playoff calculus a lot easier.

I said it last year and I'll say it again here: We need a 6-team playoff. Conference winners are automatically in and the 6th slot could be for independents/wild cards. I think things would be much cleaner with that type of setup.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:47 AM

To be honest, I'm still mad that Justin Fields de-committed from PSU. He's basically a glorified RB in Georgia's offense at the moment and there's no significant playing time for him on the horizon. At Penn State, he'd be the guaranteed starter after McSorley leaves.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:52 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,806,078 times
So when Notre Dame runs the table (they have a pretty soft schedule remaining), who will be the second P5 conference to be left out of the playoff?

Old 10-01-2018, 12:57 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,360,701 times
Somebody from the Dinky Dozen will get left out.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:45 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,447,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
My takeaways from this week...

Alabama is still way better than everyone else. Barring major injury (Tua), nobody beats them in the Playoff.

James Franklin is a conservative play-calling scaredy cat and PSU will never be great as long as he's there.

Haskins still looks green and doesn't handle pressure well.

Dino Babers is the opposite of James Franklin. He should have offers rolling in the door any day now.

FSU is still garbage.

I guess Kentucky is for realz?

Still not sold on ND. But if they win out, they're in, simple as that.
Wouldn't go that far, no team is unbeatable no matter how great or talented they are. If you take any team lightly on any day, you'll lose. Plus, Alabama hasn't faced any tough teams yet all the teams they've faced are high school teams. It's funny that Ohio State gets dogged for coming back against Top 15 teams but Alabama and Georgia get praised for dominating cupcakes.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:50 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,806,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Wouldn't go that far, no team is unbeatable no matter how great or talented they are. If you take any team lightly on any day, you'll lose. Plus, Alabama hasn't faced any tough teams yet all the teams they've faced are high school teams. It's funny that Ohio State gets dogged for coming back against Top 15 teams but Alabama and Georgia get praised for dominating cupcakes.
Ohio State will at least play true non-conference road games or even pseudo non-conference road games (playing TCU in Arlington), unlike Alabama. Plus the Big Ten has a 9 game conference schedule, SEC has an 8 game schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football