Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2018, 05:35 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times

Advertisements

ABC scored big with the Washington-Auburn game today. What a great game to watch...a defensive battle to be sure, not for everyone, but for purists, just fantastic.

I am an unabashed Husky fan, but I'm not totally bummed out by their close loss. I actually think this will bring the team together and help them run the board. Chris Peterson will find a way to get them into that position and perhaps still a playoff contender, depending on a lot of variables throughout the season. Go Dawgs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 08:58 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,061,531 times
Auburn grad but I’m couldn’t watch the game. My wife’s cousin is racing in Portland and the cell reception is pretty bad at the track and, when you do get a signal, the system is way overloaded. Happy that Auburn won, looking forward to watching the game when I get home!

A loss this early in the year won’t kill a team. Better to lose early than late most of the time.

Auburn has a killer schedule playing both Georgia and Bama on their fields. If Auburn has at least nine wins going into Bama, I like their chances. Oh sure, Saban has beaten Auburn several times BUT, he’s never beaten an Auburn team with nine or more wins. That really freaks out my Bama friends. Last year, I bet 1kg of Brazilian coffee against a particular sorghum syrup I love with a Bama buddy. Auburn’s win meant that I have great biscuits and syrup for most of 2018 but I’m almost out. Time to place another bet. Lol

Did I mention how much I love college football? Good luck to your team for an injury-free, successful campaign!

Old 09-03-2018, 12:52 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
ABC scored big with the Washington-Auburn game today. What a great game to watch...a defensive battle to be sure, not for everyone, but for purists, just fantastic.

I am an unabashed Husky fan, but I'm not totally bummed out by their close loss. I actually think this will bring the team together and help them run the board. Chris Peterson will find a way to get them into that position and perhaps still a playoff contender, depending on a lot of variables throughout the season. Go Dawgs!
It was an awesome game. About halfway through the third quarter, I said as much to everyone else in the room.

There is no doubt in my mind that UW and Auburn are going to be in the hunt in November. The sticking point for Auburn is away games at both Georgia and Alabama. Just like last year, even if we run that gauntlet, we'll have to play the SECE champion again, which will likely be Georgia. So Georgia, Alabama, and Georgia in successive weeks.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:41 PM

459 posts, read 475,399 times
That is a trap game almost yearly for some non sec team. You know just by the name Chick-Fil-A game will always be in the south instead of out west, which would be cool to see kick off game at the Rose Bowl, or in San Francisco, or Seattle. Even in Green Bay at Lambeau Field which they did have between LSU and Wisconsin one year. One year they should have it in New York at Yankee's Stadium and Gillette Stadium up by Boston. More variety in College Football would be sweet instead of the regular status quo stuff usually down south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football