Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:07 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Me and you both Packersnut. Reps to you in this beginning of the season! I hope the Longhorns have no injuries, a productive season, and NO INJURIES for those young men. Here is to good, clean games this year. Ain't college football great? !!!!

I live for this. You guys rolled as expect in your opener, and I hope you guys stay healthy the whole season. What fun is it if we have back ups plaing in one of the best rivalry games there is.

Mi_Mom, I wouldn't worry, maybe this season is bad but in the long run Michigan will do well with the spread offense in the big ten. Think of what the wolverine's lost their starting QB starting Rb top Lt. thats alot to lose and still be a top team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I live for this. You guys rolled as expect in your opener, and I hope you guys stay healthy the whole season. What fun is it if we have back ups plaing in one of the best rivalry games there is.

Mi_Mom, I wouldn't worry, maybe this season is bad but in the long run Michigan will do well with the spread offense in the big ten. Think of what the wolverine's lost their starting QB starting Rb top Lt. thats alot to lose and still be a top team.
It was a better game the 4th quarter. I thought they might pull it out. I admit watching the game is frustrating because it's different then their previous types of ball play. I knew this would be a sort of 'rebuilding' year if you will, due to the team changes and player changes as well. Add the new coach and you've got to come up with a whole new recipe that works.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:59 PM

709 posts, read 2,181,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Go Tigers!
My local ABC affillate had the gaul to show the Cal Mich St game. So I didn't get to see the a$$ kicking the Tide put on Clemson.

Better luck next time, NOT.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:32 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,456,410 times
Well my team the Nevada Wolfpack took care of Grambling State as it should. Held them to 5 rushing yards while we surprising gained 453 yards on the ground considering we have two great quarterbacks.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:59 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger6087 View Post
My local ABC affillate had the gaul to show the Cal Mich St game. So I didn't get to see the a$$ kicking the Tide put on Clemson.

Better luck next time, NOT.
What was that? I mean how bad is the ACC where their two top teams get beat. I dont know which was worse VT losing to ECU and unranked team or Bama just blowing Clemson out of the water. Have the thunder and lightning Clemson duo shown up yet?

I watched most of the Illinois Mizzu game. I guess the defenses decided to stay home. You can tell Juice was fired up, he missed some wide open guys. Chase Daniel looked good.

Now as far as my Longhorns I think they showed Florida Atlantic that we are a bit tough. Looked like some BS late hits on Colt McCoy, who ran for over 100 yards. Though we need a RB to step up if we want any kind of chance to beat OU or Tech.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:32 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,061,713 times
I think Alabama is going to surprise a lot of people this year. They are a very good team this year. As much as I HATE Nick Saban and find him to be a jerk, he's one heck of a football coach.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:21 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Alabama looked strong and Clemson just didn't come to play, as they tend to do at times. That is the recipe for a bad game.

Regarding "thunder and lightning:" no matter how good you are, if the line doesn't block, you're out of luck. On top of that, if the coaches don't figure out a way to get you the ball, that's another problem. It was not the fault of the backs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football