Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:03 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,990,725 times

Advertisements

Overall i dont really think the Mountain West Confrence really gets much attention, so i wanna know your opinion?

The Mountain West Confrence consists of 9 universities:

Air Force, BYU, Colorado State, New Mexico, San Diego State, UNLV, Utah, and Wyoming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
You forgot the team that's going to win the MWC.... TCU.

Eventhough this is probably the best confrence for the Horned Frogs, I still question why and even how TCU got into the Mountain West.... Fort Worth is no where near any mountains.

Anyway, EVERY confrence should be respected. Any given Saturday (or Friday, or Thursday), any team can go down to anyone.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,456,775 times
They've got some good teams in there, people will say they are overrated but I think they can hang with a BCS team, not too sure about how they would fare in a BCS conference but we'll never know.

Kind of like the WAC, you've got some good teams in there but they don't really get too much attention (apart from Boise State and Hawaii(last year).

Old 10-23-2008, 05:09 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You forgot the team that's going to win the MWC.... TCU.

Eventhough this is probably the best confrence for the Horned Frogs, I still question why and even how TCU got into the Mountain West.... Fort Worth is no where near any mountains.

Anyway, EVERY confrence should be respected. Any given Saturday (or Friday, or Thursday), any team can go down to anyone.
Ya, I could hardly believe he left out the best team in the conference and one of the better teams in the country. Someone has a little TCU envy?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 AM

4,081 posts, read 5,611,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
not too sure about how they would fare in a BCS conference but we'll never know.

MWC is 6-1 against the Pac 10 this year. I'd say they can hang with at least one BCS conference. ha ha ha the Pac 10 makes me laugh.

I've heard some stuff about maybe Tulsa going to the MWC, nine teams is a pretty tough schedule to organize.

Also forgot to mention that they are undefeated in BCS bowl games (2-0)

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-23-2008 at 08:32 AM..

Old 10-25-2008, 10:57 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,990,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Ya, I could hardly believe he left out the best team in the conference and one of the better teams in the country. Someone has a little TCU envy?
They arent the best team in the MWC, anyways sorry i know i forgot they joined late.. and i spaced it out anyways the teams i listed were the teams that have been in the confrence since the creation of it.

I thought UNM was going to go great, they are except the fact they lost to air force.

Last week UNM killed San Diego State 77-7 the highest scoring game this year in NCAA, and a MWC record most points scored before the end of the half.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:02 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
They arent the best team in the MWC, anyways sorry i know i forgot they joined late.. and i spaced it out anyways the teams i listed were the teams that have been in the confrence since the creation of it.

I thought UNM was going to go great, they are except the fact they lost to air force.

Last week UNM killed San Diego State 77-7 the highest scoring game this year in NCAA, and a MWC record most points scored before the end of the half.
We wont know who's the best team in the MWC until after the Utah/TCU game.
Both teams are rollin'.......

Old 10-26-2008, 04:34 PM

4,081 posts, read 5,611,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post

UNM also got SPANKED by Tulsa.

Tulsa beat UTEP last week 77-35. I guess that is the highest scoring game this year in NCAA.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-26-2008 at 04:47 PM..

Old 10-26-2008, 09:21 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,926,939 times
Wow, TCU is kicking ass!

Old 10-26-2008, 10:45 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Wow, TCU is kicking ass!
Yep.

Now why couldn't they do that against Okla-f**kin'-homa ?!?!?!

Oh well, my Horned Frogs and the Texas Longhorns are BOT #1 in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football