Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 02:29 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,942,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I think you guys have it, your right about that Mizzu loss. You should Roll Mizzu easy, and if you do play Florida in the National Champ game show them who the best conference in college football is.
That's the spirit Packersnut. If Texas were in the title game, I'd be rooting for them as well. It's all about the conference in the end.

I don't know why everybody is counting out Alabama though; they've done nothing but win every game on their schedule.

I do think Florida is better though.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:41 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,295,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
That's the spirit Packersnut. If Texas were in the title game, I'd be rooting for them as well. It's all about the conference in the end.

I don't know why everybody is counting out Alabama though; they've done nothing but win every game on their schedule.

I do think Florida is better though.

Bama is good but I just think Florida is on another level. Should be a dang good game to watch hopefully.

Texas drops in the BCS, the Packers lose AGAIN. Good enough reason to have a beer for myself. Just waiting for my dog to get hit by a car today to cap it off.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Bama is good but I just think Florida is on another level. Should be a dang good game to watch hopefully.

Texas drops in the BCS, the Packers lose AGAIN. Good enough reason to have a beer for myself. Just waiting for my dog to get hit by a car today to cap it off.
NO! We can't have any dogs getting hit...

At least my Dolphins won again, albeit a tough one against a sad Rams team.

But a win is a win, something that they didn't have too many of last year.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:05 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,931,196 times
It'll be FL vs. OK in the BCS title game. Should be a hell of a game. I know TX is pissed right now.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
It'll be FL vs. OK in the BCS title game. Should be a hell of a game. I know TX is pissed right now.
As much as Oklahoma would be favored, I won't overlook the Big XII Championship game. If OU does, they could lose; I don't think they will.

Texas is pissed, as they should be. If OU were out of it, I'm sure they would be as well.

The Big XII South should be playing for the championship instead of the way it is going to be.

Texas and OU should play for the championship game; it's only right.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:16 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,931,196 times
Quote:
As much as Oklahoma would be favored, I won't overlook the Big XII Championship game. If OU does, they could lose; I don't think they will.

Texas is pissed, as they should be. If OU were out of it, I'm sure they would be as well.

The Big XII South should be playing for the championship instead of the way it is going to be.

I disagree b/c I think FL is the best team out of all of them and Alabama is undoubtedly the best of the 4 undefeated teams. Then again, a playoff system would answer much of these debates, but we can only think, "What if ..."

I hope that TX guy who dropped the INT near the end of the TX/TTech game a few weeks ago isn't still cursing himself out.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:23 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,295,171 times
Quote:

Agreed, the two best teams in the conference should play

Old 11-30-2008, 04:00 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,350 times
Quote:
Agreed, the two best teams in the conference should play
I thought they already did and Texas won. Hmm, my mind might be getting a bit old.

The whole situation is messed up. I can see both sides of the argument. Oklahoma is looking good, putting up a ton of points, and beating solid teams in OSU and Tech. On the other hand, Texas has been consistent as well.

I am getting sick of hearing the argument that they should play again. Heck, being a Duck fan, I think we should have another crack at USC now that our QB has some experience, but that's not the way it goes. You have to deal with what you have and it looks like OU will get that advantage (and the Horns fans I know here in Austin and on this board are handling like true champs. Although, rooting for OU in the NC is a little creepy. ). I think the Big XII was very good this year and may be just as good next year, well, unless all those star QBs leave, then you will slip a bit.

It looks like the Ducks will be running all over a defense from either Mizzou or Oklahoma State.

Should be fun.

Last edited by Acuda; 11-30-2008 at 04:26 PM..

Old 11-30-2008, 05:40 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
I am not counting alabama out. their offense is a little vanilla, but they have no real weakness. they control the line of scrimmage and the clock. they have good running backs in coffee and ingram. now the gators might not have their best freaking player for the game. did anyone see the a-hole florida state fans cheer when percy harvin got hurt? they shouldn't have done that. the gators racked up over 300 yards rushing.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:28 PM

422 posts, read 1,451,373 times
Quote:
They already did, in the Red River shoot out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football